• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp in a Kilt

I am (naturally) desperate to watch the match on Friday. However, having caught the habit of watching my pennies from my neighbours I don't have the Sky sports channels. Can I "pic 'n mix" just the one extra channel, or just pay for the night, or do I have to bite the bullet and cough up for the full package?

rock.gif
smile.gif

Full package I believe, doubt u can rent Sky for a night, though I think you'd be lucky to be up and running by Friday night, probably better off going round a mates house..... or going to the game?

The package I'm afraid. And for a minimum period ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,19:56)]or going to the game?
Haven't worked out his name then?!

WS

Scotland is no excuse! My dad just got a return flight from Stanstead for 10p!

If you already have the basic Sky package you can add Sky sports 1 to that for a month as a minimum period, if you dont have Sky at all I think you have to sign up for 12 months

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,20:00)]Scotland is no excuse! My dad just got a return flight from Stanstead for 10p!
Ryan Air per chance?

Cheapest package I could get was a return for £160 from Valencia ... might as well stay in the pub here in Spain!!

WS

tounge.gif

yeah I can understand u staying! But Scotland isn't as far away as it used to be, metaphorically speaking of course it hasn't moved...anyway, its easier to get too is what i'm saying! and cheaper!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thenewblue @ Nov. 07 2004,20:10)]yeah I can understand u staying! But Scotland isn't as far away as it used to be, metaphorically speaking of course it hasn't moved...anyway, its easier to get too is what i'm saying! and cheaper!
It was easier to get to before 9/11 & sleazyJet's takeover of Go! Certainly ain't now.

It's now far easier (for me anyway) to drive 6ish hours what with the regular delays, security checks & an hour's wait at Stansted for your baggage.

Thanks for the info, all.
sad.gif
Looks like the package for a month then (I already have the family package).

Yeah, TNB, I could get a flight, but the cost/time of getting from/to Stanstead or Luton makes it problematical! Anyway, I spent almost all my pennies coming down for the Boston/Swansea matches - well worth it!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They might be showing it at the Hotel, but it is the public bar so a) my sprogs prob wouldn't be allowed in and b) the Locals will want to watch "River City" or summat! I'll pop over tomorrow and chat up "Joyce The Hotel", remind her of all the times I've fixed her computer for nothing...
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 07 2004,21:40)]Thanks for the info, all.
sad.gif
I seem to remember that if you have the Family Package they will be happy to upgrade you no questions asked (give them approx 48 hours to align their records).

You might even be able to sweet talk them into doing you a deal to try the Sports packages for a month if you've been a long-time subscriber.

Can't remember for definite as I've been subscribed to cable for the last 3 years so my Prem Plus season ticket was only a pound a month, as you say the frugal ways of the locals must be catching!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 07 2004,21:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 07 2004,21:40)]Thanks for the info, all.
sad.gif
I seem to remember that if you have the Family Package they will be happy to upgrade you no questions asked (give them approx 48 hours to align their records).

You might even be able to sweet talk them into doing you a deal to try the Sports packages for a month if you've been a long-time subscriber.

Can't remember for definite as I've been subscribed to cable for the last 3 years so my Prem Plus season ticket was only a pound a month, as you say the frugal ways of the locals must be catching!  
biggrin.gif
Pound a month, Rich? Blimey! Maybe I should drive me and the sprogs down to Glasgow and drop in for a beer! I'd happily defray your viewing cost for the two hours... I think that works out at 0.28 pence, but of course I'd round it up to the full penny!!!

biggrin.gif

If you're really into the art of blagging, I know for a fact that they can upgrade your Sky package within the hour. Try calling them Friday afternoon, then calling them back Saturday morning and saying it was a mistake?!?!

I'm a Sky Technician, I can get you a deal if your still interested?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Nov. 18 2004,02:32)]I'm a Sky Technician, I can get you a deal if your still interested?
This has nothing to do with me! I don't make unregistered posts.
cool.gif

Back