• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting worried that the Swindon fans,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Just got back from Dagenham and whilst absolutely in cruise control first half, could have been 6-0 if not for Roberts in goal, second half we blew it. First goal Griemink completely out of position, completely flapped at a cross and kicking found the terraces. Sounds familiar to Swindon fans opinions of him. Here we go again, is it that hard to find an allround sound keeper!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 24 2004,17:49)]Just got back from Dagenham and whilst absolutely in cruise control first half, could have been 6-0 if not for Roberts in goal, second half we blew it. First goal Griemink completely out of position, completely flapped at a cross and kicking found the terraces. Sounds familiar to Swindon fans opinions of him. Here we go again, is it that hard to find an allround sound keeper!
But we have Darryl !

I was being serious with my report about him not playing that well, you're just trying saying 'I told you so' aren't you?

Can't agree that he was out of position for their 1st, it was in fact a very good finish. He didn't flap at any crosses, although he didn't come for most of them to be honest. Only 1 kick flew out of the ground and that was bobbling around on his left foot, so he can hardly be blamed for that.

There is such a thing as exaggerating things you know!

Headline: Griemink was out of position in a pre-season friendly!

Tilson says: Release the Nukes!

In my eyes your opinion concerning goalkeepers doesn't hold much cred. Any unbiased people out there who were at the game?

I wasn't at the game ... but I'm surely not going to listen to the opinions of Wiggy. I'll wait until more reliable (and less biased) reports come in before coming to any conclusion ...

WS

I"m afraid that this time i have got to agree with Wiggy.Bart was poor in all departements, and hopefully this will not lead to another scenario like last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 24 2004,18:15)]I"m afraid that this time i have got to agree with Wiggy.Bart was poor in all departements, and hopefully this will not lead to another scenario like last year.
well my friend that is up to you, wiggy and all the muppets that have already made there minds up.

The scenario last year wasnt helped by the supporters of SUFC, slating players before they had had a chance to prove anything and wanted to hang them for any mistakes made.

Lets get off there backs and allow them to finish pre season and maybe 10 games of the new season and then lets start the "i told you so" Bullsh*t
rock.gif

It was the 2nd wiggy. Cant have been looking too hard, could you?! A ball came in and Bart should have come and claimed it. He didn't and a wee nipper came in at the back post (completely un-marked - where's the defence?) and knocked it in. Not the best angle, being at the other end of the pitch, but it did look like an error. The positive thing was that we could hear Bart shouting from the other end of the pitch and it wasn't just the occassional shout. It was constant.

Poor in all departments? How? Go on. Or was that just a sweeping statement ... !?

Kev

I think that Flahavan is the best he rarely makes a mistake unlike Griemink. He was poor in every way and Darryl Flahavan is Number 1 next season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (darrylno1 @ July 24 2004,22:43)]I think that Flahavan is the best he rarely makes a mistake unlike Griemink. He was poor in every way and Darryl Flahavan is Number 1 next season
Rarely makes a mistake?!

What about Flahavan's distinct lack of command within the box? What about his distinct eagerness to remain rooted to his line? What about his distinct inability to interact with his defence? And don't get me started on his lack of stature?! I concede that he may be a decent shot-stopper ... but then so was Mel Capleton. Try removing the rose-tinted glasses sometime ...

Griemink is poor in every way? Jesus Christ! What a half-witted accusation to make! And without any valid evidence of proof either ...

WS

It's true, Darryl's only ever made one mistake. Even the local constabulary agreed with this. Eventually.

wink.gif

I can"t believe you are getting so involved from afar Jávea Shrimper. How can you possibly offer an opinion without seeing a ball kicked. Shows what an old busy body you really are!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 25 2004,02:16)]I can"t believe you are getting so involved from afar Jávea Shrimper. How can you possibly offer an opinion without seeing a ball kicked. Shows what an old busy body you really are!
Get a life pal... IMHO JS is more of a Southend supporter than you are and his posts hold more water than your constant waffle. Anyway, who are you to suggest that because someone lives in another country, that they are any less entitled to an opinion that differs from yours?  
rock.gif

I wasn't at the game either yesterday, but still consider that my opinion is equally as important and neither you nor anyone else, will prevent me from stating that opinion  
tounge.gif
If you don't like that, well quite frankly... I couldn't give a twopenny toss!.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 25 2004,02:16)]I can"t believe you are getting so involved from afar Jávea Shrimper. How can you possibly offer an opinion without seeing a ball kicked. Shows what an old busy body you really are!
Who the hell are you to say that I shouldn't be "getting so involved from afar"? I'd like to think that I offer far more to such debates than you and your little cabal will ever do.

Wiggy, ever since you arrived on this board, you have become a master of contradiction. When the realisation dawned on you that not everyone on this forum was going to leap eagerly upon your train of thought, you set about to abuse those people. You deride every single person who dares to post opinions contrary to your own. And then, quite amazingly, you complain that you can't post what you think without getting abuse back (which often take the form of valid arguments against your own)!

You have recently offended a good majority of fans by declaring that anyone who didn't live within the sound of the Roots Hall tannoy system was not "a true fan of Southend United", that those who didn't attend every home and away game, reserve games, youth game, training session, etc. were falling short of their expectations of being a football fan.

I couldn't give a toss whether or not you think I am in a position to express valid arguments and positions. Your debate often lacks maturity and basis for any argument anyway ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wiggy, ever since you arrived on this board, you have become a master of contradiction

more a master of disaster  
wink.gif

The purpose of his posts may be to wind us up. If that's the case, it could be said he's a master bater.

Either that... or he's just another w***er.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ July 24 2004,22:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (darrylno1 @ July 24 2004,22:43)]I think that Flahavan is the best he rarely makes a mistake unlike Griemink. He was poor in every way and Darryl Flahavan is Number 1 next season
Rarely makes a mistake?!

What about Flahavan's distinct lack of command within the box? What about his distinct eagerness to remain rooted to his line? What about his distinct inability to interact with his defence? And don't get me started on his lack of stature?! I concede that he may be a decent shot-stopper ... but then so was Mel Capleton. Try removing the rose-tinted glasses sometime ...

Griemink is poor in every way? Jesus Christ! What a half-witted accusation to make! And without any valid evidence of proof either ...

WS
JS, are you sure you weren't at yesterday's game, your comments about Flahavan summed up his performance at Dagenham.
I was praying for half time to arrive so that we could get Bartman on the field for the 2nd half.
It was difficult to tell from the other end of the pitch where the fault lay with the 3 goals conceded but it is grossly unfair to blame Bartman alone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blueboy13 @ July 25 2004,17:21)]I only hope bart don't make any more misstakes then
So do we all. But that will never happen. Even the best goalkeepers in the world have dropped more than one or two clangers. And so will Griemink, Flahavan, or whoever it is plays between the sticks for Southend. The trick is that the fans from the stands should be lending the support to BOTH players. Have your favourites by all means. But if your favourite happens not be playing well enough to warrant a place in the starting line-up (and that's up to Tilson, NOT us) then support whoever is ... it's a very simply concept that a few around here are unable to comprehend ...

WS

Okay But flavs has hardly done any misstakes well maybe one or 2 but if he was taller then he would be premiership

Back