• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
I have always been very skeptical about spirits/ghosts etc. But last night I was up North and went to a Church which is abandoned and apparently haunted.

Now joking around we all went to have a look around the church.

I took a picture of two of the girls we were with and thought nothing of it.

When we got back into the car I was looking through the pictures I'd taken and zoomed in to look at the girls and between their legs is what clearly looks like someones face. Zooming in again it looked very clear.

Thinking that was off enough we all talked about what we'd seen.

Later on I was looking at the photo again while on my own, and noticed a yellow spot. Which turned out to be an orb. Whether these are spiritual or not I do not know. But was strange, and IMO the scariest part of story was what appeared in the tree's of the picture.

It's hard to explain without posting the picture but in the window of the church is a tree. In the middle of the tree is a white/light coloured shape which looks like the outline of a face, with clear eyes, nose and mouth.

Now I don't believe in ghosts. I never have, and doubt I ever will. Although this picture was very strange. If I can get the picture onto my laptop then I will put it up.

The explainations for them I can think of:

1) The face between the legs was simply just the shape of the stones. Seems plausible.
2) The tree was just the shade in the tree and an orb of some kind covering the tree.

Anyone else had supernatural experiences or believe in ghosts?
Anyone got any stories similar to this.

I'm working on getting the picture onto my computer now and will put it up to see what people think of it.

Nothing quite as strange as that, but my lifelong best friend used to live along Bramble Road in Daws Heath. Now, at the junction of St Michaels Road and Bramble Road there used to be the site of a public gallows, and I swear it was a flippin' scary place to go past - even in day time. I tend to not necessarily believe in ghosts as such but I do believe in the spiritual side so am comfortable with the idea of spirits amongst us waiting to cross over. Don't ask me to explain, not just now!

Never ever experienced any thing supernatural other than when Benji put the ball in the Bury net.

Personally I think it is a load of old Bollox, I am not disrespecting people who believe that they have experienced funny goings on but i firmly believe that all these unexplained goings on can be explained.

Ghosts do not exist, your soul does not float up to heaven, reincarnation is a crock and Father Christmas does not exist.

You are born, you live, you then die and rot in the ground or go up in smoke. That is all there is to it, so make the most of it.

We all have our own beliefs Dave, and I wouldn't presume to mock anyone else's. I derive comfort from what I believe so that's enough for me - I do believe in the afterlife, so my belief backs that theory up.

I agree Aberdeen. There is no way to justify the whole spiritual argument. And I certainly don't believe in it.

But last night was rather strange. All I can do it post the pic and see what people think.

We all have our own beliefs Dave, and I wouldn't presume to mock anyone else's. I derive comfort from what I believe so that's enough for me - I do believe in the afterlife, so my belief backs that theory up.

Science and lack of credible evidence back mine up!!!

There is nothing wrong with people having something like the afterlife to cling to and I certainly would not belittle anyone who did. But they are simply wrong.

;)

The first looks like dust on the lens, the second is just what you want to think it is. Many people see 'pictures' in clouds and other objects. Our brain often fills in gaps to make sense of patterns by tricking us to see something recognisable, such as face, because we see them all the time.

Don't believe in ghosts but I have always thought All Saints church in South Fambridge was pretty creepy.....

2205981831_b2a95671c6.jpg

Last edited:
Do I believe in ghosts? No.

Do I believe in life after death? No.

We're just evolved pond scum thats desperately clinging to a rock that's hurtling through space into the black void.

Have a nice day :)

a few years ago Mrs FS were visting a place in cornwall which was supposed to be haunted. It had a very interesting waterfall which legend had it was the source of the spirit. I took a photo of the wife and when we got home and looked at it on the computer it showed a very convincing ghost behind her, you could make out a woman, in a long dress, with a hat, it really was spooky, how the fast flowing waterfall and its spray had conjoured up the image and you could certainly imagine, particularly with older photography people believing they have captured a "ghost" on film

I'll try dig it out tonight and put it on here

I have always been very skeptical about spirits/ghosts etc. But last night I was up North and went to a Church which is abandoned and apparently haunted.

Now joking around we all went to have a look around the church.

I took a picture of two of the girls we were with and thought nothing of it.

When we got back into the car I was looking through the pictures I'd taken and zoomed in to look at the girls and between their legs is what clearly looks like someones face. Zooming in again it looked very clear.

Thinking that was off enough we all talked about what we'd seen.

Later on I was looking at the photo again while on my own, and noticed a yellow spot. Which turned out to be an orb. Whether these are spiritual or not I do not know. But was strange, and IMO the scariest part of story was what appeared in the tree's of the picture.

It's hard to explain without posting the picture but in the window of the church is a tree. In the middle of the tree is a white/light coloured shape which looks like the outline of a face, with clear eyes, nose and mouth.

Now I don't believe in ghosts. I never have, and doubt I ever will. Although this picture was very strange. If I can get the picture onto my laptop then I will put it up.

The explainations for them I can think of:

1) The face between the legs was simply just the shape of the stones. Seems plausible.
2) The tree was just the shade in the tree and an orb of some kind covering the tree.

Anyone else had supernatural experiences or believe in ghosts?
Anyone got any stories similar to this.

I'm working on getting the picture onto my computer now and will put it up to see what people think of it.

I must admit, i was looking forward to seeing the pics after hearing your description of them.

After actually seeing them, i can't help but feel disappointed

Are you sure you wasn't puffin the 'erb at the time?

Get thee down to Pluckley. I went a few years ago, and it's proper spooky innit

Spooky is one thing, spirits and ghosts is another. I get spooked when i hear a noise down stairs in the middle of the night but that does not mean i have a ghost wandering around the house

Hope FS finds this pic he mentioned, agree with what others have said about the "orb" and even I struggle to see what was claimed in the pics - however, there are plenty of examples of spirit or ghost photography around. Been checking up this morning, this seems to be one of the most famous - the Brown Lady, Raynham Hall in 1936

brown_lady.jpg

Back