• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gift ideas for the wives birthday.

DTS

The Business
Lads,

Sure you all know the score. Basically its the wifes birthday coming up. Its a time I dread as I never have the slightest clue what to get her.

I dont know what perfume she wears, I dont know what jewellery she likes - Terrible I know.

So I am turning to you all - my fellow shrimpers for some inspiration. Anyone got their better halves something decent which they can share and give me some ideas.

Comedy and sensible suggestions welcomed.

Thanks Lads.
DtS

Budget? I'd suggest a night out, maybe to a show, with an overnight stay somewhere. Can't believe you don't know what perfume she wears though, isn't a bottle of it out anywhere at home that you can see, or is the Mr Magoo thing a bit too close to reality?!!! :winking:

A photo of Ldnfasto that she can keep by her bedside, so he'll be the last thing she sees before nodding off and the first thing she sees in the morning. :omg:

Does she have any interests or hobbies ?

Personally I find perfume feels a bit of a cop out although as a secondary present it often works and jewellery only works every couple of years , otherwise it becomes a bit obvious.

If you could find a bit of art, a painting or really good , well framed , photo she would like that might do it

A few years ago we were visting york and Mrs FS saw some paintings she really liked , but as we were on the motorbike there was no chance of picking one up.

Later on I had forgotten the artists name so I couldn't order anything, so her birthday present was an envelope, which contained a note saying "IOU one painting by that bird whose name I can't remember..........PS we will have to have a weekend in York to get it"
She got a weekend away in a nice hotel and a painting of her choice....

You need to accompany her out shopping and wait until she says something 'I like that, but I couldn't afford it', which is code for you should buy it for me.

ps How many wives do you have?

Don’t do what I did. Go shopping with the wife on MY birthday, end up with nothing for me but bought her an ipad.
Still trying to work out how that happened.

Does she have any interests or hobbies ?

Personally I find perfume feels a bit of a cop out although as a secondary present it often works and jewellery only works every couple of years , otherwise it becomes a bit obvious.

If you could find a bit of art, a painting or really good , well framed , photo she would like that might do it

A few years ago we were visting york and Mrs FS saw some paintings she really liked , but as we were on the motorbike there was no chance of picking one up.

Later on I had forgotten the artists name so I couldn't order anything, so her birthday present was an envelope, which contained a note saying "IOU one painting by that bird whose name I can't remember..........PS we will have to have a weekend in York to get it"
She got a weekend away in a nice hotel and a painting of her choice....

Thanks for a sensible answer Gary (And OBL).

Her only hobbies really are me and horses. Agreed perfume is a cop out.

Night out are a non starter as we dont have child care.....

Keep them coming

Shampoo for her AND a horse.....what more could you ask for?

mane-and-tail-shampoo-conditioner.jpg

Keep them coming

How about a baby sitter then?

Keep them coming

You missed a trick there mate, the horse of the year show was earlier this month, tickets for that would have been an idea

best bet is not to mention it and check t'interweb next summer and bingo ......

How about a new wheelbarrow for mucking out ? but seriously is any of her equipment wearing out *kenneth williams mode off* she gets something useful and she thinks that you have taken an interest in her hobby

Back