• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Bob Margolin last Friday night in Terrassa.Now I'm not really a great fan of white Blues guitar players or singers.With the honourable exceptions of Charlie Musselwhite and John Hammond perhaps.Though I think I'd have to add BM to that list on the strength of the time he spend behind Muddy Waters and some decent solo albums too.I've seen him a couple of times before but never better than last week.Top bloke too. He stopped to have a chat with fans before and after the gig and of course in the interval.Even name checked an 88 year old fan in the audience who'd seen his first European performance with Muddy Waters in Nice back in the day.

Off to Leeds on Saturday to see Dinosaur Jr and Built to Spill - super excited!!!

Saw Randy Newman last week.He was awesome.It's been a long wait for his first ever gig in Spain but it was well worth it.
There was some talk in El Pais of Joni Mitchell making an appearance in Badalona next year.Now that would be something.

Saw John Mayall(with his new band)at the Palau last night.JM was as good as ever but I'm not so sure about the latest incarnation of the Bluesbreakers who I thought were a bit dodgy with the possible exception (as always with JM)of the new lead guitarist.Has anyone out there heard Tough? Personally the last time I saw JM about 6/7 years ago here in Barna and in Perpignan I thought the band was much tighter.
Maybe a question of age but it seems all the acts I catch these days are older than me.That was true of Randy Newman,J.Mayall(now 77)and next week I'll be at Bill Wyman's Bikini concert.Dylan in June too.Fortunately there's the delectable Corine Bailey Rae to look forward to, as a representative of the younger generation.:)

Saw Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings last nigh.Excellent concert.Beverly Skeets was just superb and Georgie Fame was in good form too.
Getting worried about the numer of "oldies" concerts I'm going to these days though.:O
Randy Newman and John Mayall recently.Dylan coming up, along with Kriss Kristofferson and I've just booked Dr John tickets today.

Going to see the Pixies tonight at The Troxy, near Limehouse station. I cannot wait as its nearly 20 years since I last saw them.

Just got my ticket tp see the Manics at The Cliffs in October. Superb!

What a brilliant gig!! I can't wait to see them again. I can't say much about last night as it hasn't sunk in yet. After they split up I never though I'd see them play live again & despite trying to get tickets in the past, I finally got lucky last night. Superb!

Well probably not a 'Gig' as such - but went to the Capital Summer Ball yesterday at Wembley.
Have to say it was alot better than I expected with around 15 different artists appearing - imo top acts were: Usher - who was brilliant, Jason Darulo, Tinie Tempah, Alexandra Burke who was far better than Rhianna on the day - but top man was Dizzee Rascal who had the whole of Wembley on its feet and was superb.
On a side note - my first visit to the new Wembley and was very impressed, can't wait to go there for a match now.

Peter Green and Friends (better than the Splinter Group), Chicago Red, and the Mike Sanchez Big Band at Ashburton Blues Festival

Saw Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel at beginning of month (ok, but had to wait until encore for his hit), then a Johnny Cash tribute act in a dindgy Ipshite club (top stuff), Spandau Ballet at Newmarket races last Fri (sadly I found I recalled all of their songs, and Tony Hadley (not our old centre back but the other one) can still belt 'em out), off to see The Yetties in Dorset on 3 July (ageing if not dead poor mans Wurzels, but hey the wifey lies them) and then on 24 July the summer event I've really been waiting for, Moyet in Christchurch Park in Ipshite (with that upstart Jools Holland). I'll ask Alf if she wants to buy the Club if I get a chance, she will know we will be there as the Suffolk Shrimper flag will be held aloft to wind up the Tracator boys.

Spandau Ballet at Newmarket races last Fri (sadly I found I recalled all of their songs, and Tony Hadley (not our old centre back but the other one) can still belt 'em out),

We saw them at Sandown earlier this month. I'm not a huge fan (although I do like 'Gold' and a few of their other big hits) but have to say that they put on an excellent show. As did Imperial Delight in the third race. Good horsey!

I'm going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at the O2 next May, but as i've not been before i thought i'd ask where the best view is from cos i know from experience just paying the most is not neccessarily a guide .. mind you with ticket prices starting at £65 and going up to £175 its going to be a pretty expensive evening wherever i sit

Back