• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd imagine that had a lot to do with the hugely underestimated Alan Hull (not by me).RIP.
I don't like Lindisfarne, but I really like Alan Hull's 'Pipe Dream'. That was a bit of a stoner classic for me back when I used to smoke the evil weed. And of course the last track is the greatest song Neil Young never wrote!!

I don't like Lindisfarne, but I really like Alan Hull's 'Pipe Dream'. That was a bit of a stoner classic for me back when I used to smoke the evil weed. And of course the last track is the greatest song Neil Young never wrote!!

Always felt Alan Hull could have been an excellent folk artist if he hadn't made it into pop with Lindisfarne.

Last edited:
Hotel and train tickets booked for my trip to London to see King Crimson at the Royal Albert Hall.

Fripp and the chaps are kindly playing on my Birthday!
Good that the camera is still doing the biz. You can't buy a new one of those now!! As for Crimson its a bit weird that Twenty first century schizoid man is now.

I like Ain't no doubt by Jimmy Nail.

I always thought he had a bit more credibility than other actors who embarked on minor pop careers such as Nick Berry, Robson and Jerome etc.

Good that the camera is still doing the biz. You can't buy a new one of those now!! As for Crimson its a bit weird that Twenty first century schizoid man is now.

Replaced by the TZ70 I think.

If anyone has run out of wet paint to watch dry, you can check out my photos from round the UK, gigs and grounds here: MIAS Flickr account

Last edited:
Saw Gary Clark JR at the Jardins de Pedrables on Saturday night.Really excellent concert (and I was in the front row).Anyone who likes loud guitar blues and soulful vocals should check him out.:Worthy:

Last edited:
I totally forgot about this thread. Two gigs to report
1) saw The HU a couple of weeks back for my fix of Mongolian folk metal.
2) saw Demons and Wizzards on Sunday.

Both excellent, fairly cheap and in small venues. Brilliant.

Saw Joe Jackson again at BARTs in Barna last nigh.Been 40 years since I last saw him live.Glad to say he's ageing well.Always liked the raw energy of his pop songs.He came in with the punk movement (first album back in '79) but like Elvis was always a more talented musician than that.Excellent show.

Back