• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night we went to see Billie Eilish at the o2. It'd been planned for a while and it was supposed to be our youngest's first gig. However, the Madness/Squeeze/Supergrass gig came first in the end. Never mind, the show was incredible. We had general admission tickets and got v close to the stage - great music, great performance, great atmosphere. Just superb.

Enjoyed seeing Pat Metheney at the Palau last night.Great jazz guitarist at the top of his form.Since the gig was postponed because of covid (from 2 years ago) it felt almost like a free concert.Off to see Madness tonight.

Madness are still great, the new song Baby Burglar was a bit average though.
Really enjoyed Madness here last night.Excellent audio .visual clips too.For Burglar they showed clips from Truffaut's Les Cuatre Cent Coups (400 Blows).For Our House it was John
Schlesinger's Billy Liar .For another number, The Ladykillers etc.Possibly a bit distracting if your're a movie buff as well as a music fan.After 3 shows in a week we have a lull now until Fred Wesley and The New JB Sevens in Sète on the Ist August.Funnily enough they played "Pass the Peas from the Left" as a warm up number before Madness took the stage. I do like a bit of funk (and ska ) me. :Smile:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed Madness here last night.Excellent audio .visual clips too.For Burglar they showed clips from Truffaut's Les Cuatre Cent Coups (400 Blows).For Our House it was John
Schlesinger's Billy Liar .For another number, The Ladykillers etc.Possibly a bit distracting if your're a movie buff as well as a music fan.After 3 shows in a week we have a lull now until Fred Wesley and The New JB Sevens in Sète on the ist August.Funnily enough they played "Pass the Peas from the Left" as a warm up number before Madness took the stage. I do like a bit of funk (and ska ) me. :Smile:
An excellent film (one of a series)
I go to the cinema a lot (new and vintage films) +I am a Buddy Holly fan and rockin' 50's music in general.

Schlesinger's Billy Liar .For another number, The Ladykillers etc.Possibly a bit distracting if your're a movie buff as well as a music fan.After 3 shows in a week we have a lull now until Fred Wesley and The New JB Sevens in Sète on the Ist August.Funnily enough they played "Pass the Peas from the Left" as a warm up number before Madness took the stage. I do like a bit of funk (and ska ) me. :Smile:
For the encore they showed Boris and No 10 behind the Madness song.

I recently saw Jules Et Jim.........Sadly a let down.
Yeah I've never quite understood the affection that's usually held in compared with the other 2 films of his I mentioned which pack a lot more punch IMO.Social realism v romance I suppose.

Edit.Doh,Thinking about it Jules et Jim would be the third in the trilogy or "series" you were talking about. :Dunce:

Last edited:
Ed Sheeran at Wembley tonight, followed by Red Hot Chili Peppers at the council stadium in Stratford, tomorrow night.

That’ll do.

Did you wear your Fez? 😁

Bugger. Was off to Longleat on Saturday to see Moyet who was supporting Tears for Fears. The old girl has just announced she has got covid and so won't be there. Not fussed about the gig now. We might save the petrol money and go out for a meal locally instead. Get well soon Ally.

A couple of gigs at the weekend:- Andy Fairweather-Low and the Low Riders in Falmouth (and yes he does sing Paradise and Bend Me - the best being a storming version of Gin House) then the Rolling Stones at Hyde Park (just 57 years after I last saw them at Southend Odeon!) - great stuff - where does Sir Michael get his energy from?

A couple of gigs at the weekend:- Andy Fairweather-Low and the Low Riders in Falmouth (and yes he does sing Paradise and Bend Me - the best being a storming version of Gin House) then the Rolling Stones at Hyde Park (just 57 years after I last saw them at Southend Odeon!) - great stuff - where does Sir Michael get his energy from?
He certainly did when I saw him at the Palace a few years back, also Gin House..Can't say I share your enthusiasm for the Stones,IIRC,eventually saw them back in the 90's.

Back