• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Not sure If this has been mentioned elsewhere but according to Chris Phillips, Peter Gilbert has left the club.

Not surprised by this as had many more poor performances than good ones and with the options we have at left back now very much doubt he would've had many opportunities.

So, the "Gilly still has a role to play" stuff the other day was complete bollocks then?

So, the "Gilly still has a role to play" stuff the other day was complete bollocks then?

quotes like that from the managment are the kiss of death, how many times have managers been told by the owners, he has our full support, only to be given the sack a week later.

Thank God(and I'm an atheist).He was one of the worst(if not the worst)left backs I've ever seen play for us.

Very unfair. He may not have been the best, but he certainly wasn't the worst. Chris Ramsey is the first that springs to mind. Chris Hyslop wasn't much better, and I seem to recall Frank Lampard wasn't up to much when played for us. And that was off the top of my head.

Very unfair. He may not have been the best, but he certainly wasn't the worst. Chris Ramsey is the first that springs to mind. Chris Hyslop wasn't much better, and I seem to recall Frank Lampard wasn't up to much when played for us. And that was off the top of my head.

Agreed, I'd add Johnny Herd to the mix, but then he had a long throw...:unsure:

Exactly. He played his part in 15 clean sheets last season.

That would be the Hyslop who kept Powell out of the starting line-up when we beat Bury?

:winking:

“I know people have their opinions of Gilly but mine is he’s the best defensive left-back in the league,” said Sturrock.

Hmm :unsure:

Maybe not... Sturrocks quote today -

"I've made a decision not to offer Gilly a new deal now. With Anthony having come in I feel that the remaining money in our budget would be better spent strengthening other areas."

The other day when Sturrock made the earlier comment about Gilbert, I understand it was 50/50 that Freddy would join. With that now looking likely, maybe that money needs to be freed up to complete his deal. That's my theory, anyway.

It would be interesting actually if Sturrock, sorry, cluniemore, would occasionally pass comment on whether any of the mad theories on here are anywhere near the mark or not.

People saying he was the worst left back ever are way off the mark. He was average, no more no less. Had some good games, some bad ones, but played his part in a team that got 83 points so he couldnt be that bad. Sturrock is right to get a more attacking left back in though, in his words so we 'on the front foot' at home.

Nowhere near the worst and well in front of any of the names mentioned in this thread. He and Prosser were among 2 much improved players last season. Sounds like we have better options but I wish him no evil. Herd is the worst of the most recent crop.

Back