• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gilbert

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
Was trialing for Coventry last night. Played 2nd half.

Another one slipped through our fingers?

not really he played for us and we were looking at him and he was looking at us so to speak, when his agent calls and says Ive got you a trial at coventry, what do you think the player said? sod that Im staying at southend, or great a big club in the championship be there as quick as I can

Also Coventry may decide against making a move, in which case we're still in the hunt.

Former Owl Peter Gilbert hopes to plug Sky Blues' gap in defence

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...plug-sky-blues-gap-in-defence-92746-24306146/

TRIALLIST Peter Gilbert is this week hoping to earn a contract with Coventry City.
The Sky Blues are desperate for a left-back following the departure of Danny Fox and injury to Marcus Hall, and the 26-year-old defender is looking to plug the gap ahead of Sunday’s Championship opener with Ipswich Town.

Sounds like he see's us as a last resort really and trialled with us in desperation more than anything.

Not the sort of attitude we want from a target really.

He obviously feels he can do a job at Championship level, good luck to him.

Sounds like he see's us as a last resort really and trialled with us in desperation more than anything.

Not the sort of attitude we want from a target really.

He obviously feels he can do a job at Championship level, good luck to him.

I don't think thats the case to be honest.

I imagine he trialled with us because he thought we would be a good club to get his career going again, then Coventry got involved and he rightly went there for a trial. They are a bigger Club than us afterall.

lol we have had loads of trialists, and signed none of them yet as soon as a players goes on trial at another club most on here seem to think that its a forgone conclusion that the other club will sign them, maybe someone could explain the logic to me

Back