• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Gillingham 3-0 Southend United

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Assuming you didn't gas yourself in the car on the way home, match reports and ratings from Priestfield here please...

can someone post any highlights from the post match interview? didn't catch it and sounds like a few bits came out of it.

Match Rating 0. Player Ratings 0 (no surprise considering) Board Rating 0. Chances of staying up 0. Finances 0. Morale 0. Still some delightful new grounds to do next season like burton and morecambe and for that I give a 1.

OK sad git that I am - Tilly's interview;

Situation we're in = 4
Like I say = 17
Y'know = 22
Lonely = 2

Brush! Brush! Where for are't thee?

The only players I want here next Summer are Mildenhall, Francis and Grant. Unfortunately, I reckon all three will leave.

The second half was one of the most gutless, futile 45 minutes of football I've seen completed by any football team. Absolutely woeful. To be fair, the young lads that came on offered more in 20 minutes than the others did in the previous 70. Barrett had a nightmare, Christophe was woeful again and the less said about Laurent the better.

Well, I'd like to say nothing about Laurent, but the rage building inside me is bound to explode at some point.

Some quoutes from a gills fan

who is your sub goalie? he was warming up in front of me at half time and he looks fantastic - he had some good strikes to deal with and his handling was top notch

one of the best away supports ive seen all season at Priestfield

First half both teams were shockingly bad, you probably just about edged it

Crawford looked like a real tryer an o'keefe looks half decent apart from that sod all else to shout about really. Felt sorry for Barrett today you could see the anger and anguish of whats happening on an off the field on his face. JFC was again by far the oppositions best player an his stupid french mate laurent looked totally clueless. Wish i saved me money in honesty

Well Tilly said play badly but win, at least we did one of those things! Absoloutely crap again, a crap match between two crap teams, one slightly less crap who could actually defend and stick the ball in the net and who worked out that it's windy (as it normally is there) so it's best to play the ball on the ground. They wanted it more than us.

Mildenhall 2
Sankofa 1
Barrett 1
Baldwin 1
Herd 1
Francis 1
Grant 2
Christophe 0
Laurent 1
Vernon 1
Spencer 1

O'Keefe 2, Crawford 2, Paterson 2.

Oh and the ref was awful, didn't have a clue.

Martin out.

Last edited:
Crawford looked like a real tryer an o'keefe looks half decent apart from that sod all else to shout about really. Felt sorry for Barrett today you could see the anger and anguish of whats happening on an off the field on his face. JFC was again by far the oppositions best player an his stupid french mate laurent looked totally clueless. Wish i saved me money in honesty

Strange how we all see it differently. I thought Paterson looked a real tryer and O'Keefe and Crawford were quiet!

I agree about Barrett, he really did put a shift in today, but his anguish was there to see. I must also agree that JFC and Laurent were again very poor. Vernon is a good player and but today Spencer I felt was really lightweight and the Gills CB had him in his pocket all day.

Oh well, who's for Elland road?

Perhapes I should have run Laurent over yesterday when I had the chance when he stepped out in front of my car!

Alan Julian, N/A (didn't have anything to do)
Barry Fuller,
Garry Richards,
Darren Dennehy,
John Nutter,
Adam Miller,
Curtis Weston,
Danny Jackman,
Andy Barcham,
Rene Howe,
Dennis Oli

MAHER - 10/10

As sick as it makes me feel, there was the only team playing today! :puke

I have never felt so dejected in 30 years of watching the blues as I did after today's game. Spineless and awful - that is all. When 2 youth team players look like the only 2 on the pitch trying it says something about the spirit at the club.

I can take a lack of quality if they would put in some effort. Christophe and Laurent should not play again this season - whatever the injury or suspension situation. It's time to play with passion and O'Keefe looked really up for it when he came on.

Poor all round and a real waste of an afternoon, money and petrol

Back