• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Gillingham 3-1 Southend United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
3-1 and could’ve been 5 with one missed pen and one saved.

Acquah sent off.

Well it definitely crosses one name off of the manager shortlist, which gets shorter by the day.

Inexperience or not, Acquah is an embarrassment and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team

Another defeat, not at all surprised. It’s tome to stop ****ing around Ron and make an appointment.

Emile showed his inexperience today, he let the Gills players and fans get the better of him as he charged around trying to get in to the game. An idiot but not the worst thing I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

Isaac Hutchinson could just be the weakest player I’ve seen though, shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.

We simply have to make an appointment this week ahead of the Wimbledon game next weekend. I don’t want anymore poxy statements from Ron.

Well Ron's talk with the players worked then .....Anyone see a potential choice in the stands today?? because the new manager needs to hit the ground running and be aware of his playing staff and have an idea of how he's going to organise this team.
Sorry Ron but your holiday followed by more weeks wasted is making the new man's job more like a kamikaze mission to league 2.

Missed the game on radio, missed the Zone match thread, came on here for some match reports and just the one, ah well, I'll go away and come back later.

It’s been embarrassing taking this long to appoint a manager. Possibly thrown away 3 or 4 games where we could of got a win or two. With only 44 games this season it’s almost getting too late to avoid relegation and it’s only October.

First half was appalling.

Second half was better, and credit to Waddock as he made some changes which worked.

Thought Aquah was very unlucky, and his 2nd booking in particular was so soft. I think if he has stayed on, we may have got a point.

First penalty was also just outside the area, and I thought he got the ball as well, but would need to see it again.

Ref was very poor.

Still doesn’t disguise how bad we really are. To be honest I cant wait for the season to end.

Even if Ron had decided on Barrett and Tilly. That option may have just gone.

I don't even get angry anymore. Im past getting aggrieved at these players. They are pathetic

I agree, procrastination is costing us dear and now we are deep in doo doo and will be lucky to survive the drop. I sometimes wonder if RM really has the Club at heart.

CP said he expected Sol to be in attendance.

He heard he might be- but he was at Nottingham Forest today as a guest- so don’t think this was ever to be the case.
On the basis that attending a game is part of the process and HL is the only candidate to do so twice we have to assume HL will be announced next week.

Who was there watching? Any other managerial candidates

Nope I posted this up in the Match Thread but have added it here as well to reply to you.

The Big Dady said:
Ron does not look very happy at the game, and more importantly he is sitting on his own with no new manager in sight.

EGH4y9uXkAEgv6D - Copy.jpg

It’s been embarrassing taking this long to appoint a manager. Possibly thrown away 3 or 4 games where we could of got a win or two. With only 44 games this season it’s almost getting too late to avoid relegation and it’s only October.

First half was appalling.

Second half was better, and credit to Waddock as he made some changes which worked.

Thought Aquah was very unlucky, and his 2nd booking in particular was so soft. I think if he has stayed on, we may have got a point.

First penalty was also just outside the area, and I thought he got the ball as well, but would need to see it again.

Ref was very poor.

Still doesn’t disguise how bad we really are. To be honest I cant wait for the season to end.

Funny, I though he deserved to go and the first boooking was rather harshed.He lunged at the Gills player for the second foul when already on a booking and had to go despite SC's good efforts to keep him on the pitch.Otherwise I agree with you.

Funny, I though he deserved to go and the first boooking was rather harshed.He lunged at the Gills player for the second foul when already on a booking and had to go despite SC's good efforts to keep him on the pitch.Otherwise I agree with you.
Not the best angle on the camera, but if you see the replay he slides in to block the clearance, but is actually about a yard away from the player.

Back