• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
A little way away I appreciate, but just bought my tickets for Gills away. According to the programme Saturday a junior goes free with two paying adults, yet on line it's just charged me £5 for my son despite there being two adults. To be honest not to bothered as £20 for him and me is pretty good value really, compared to Millwall especially. How many do you think we will take, 1500??

A little way away I appreciate, but just bought my tickets for Gills away. According to the programme Saturday a junior goes free with two paying adults, yet on line it's just charged me £5 for my son despite there being two adults. To be honest not to bothered as £20 for him and me is pretty good value really, compared to Millwall especially. How many do you think we will take, 1500??

You may rethink that if it's raining heavily.

I doubt the online system is set up to be able to give you the free junior ticket. I know you are not bothered but I'm sure if you sent them an email they would refund you the £5.

I think Gillingham once charged Adult away fans £25 and that was quite a few seasons ago. So its good that they accept it is a poor stand and now only charge £15.

As for numbers although it is very close a lot of people are put off by the poor facilities so anything over 1,200 will be a good turnout.

You may rethink that if it's raining heavily.

Not really all part of the fun, stood in rain before and will again. All fairness the stand is basically scaffolding so the price reflects that I guess.

Not really all part of the fun, stood in rain before and will again. All fairness the stand is basically scaffolding so the price reflects that I guess.
Had a great visit to Macclesfield in the most persistent cold rain ever, to see McCormack get a winner in our away end. Rain was so bad the stewards offered us a free move to seats in the end of the stand but most of us declined. Took a few hours to warm up but loved it, bring it on, as long as we win.:happy:

Looking forward to this game first time I'll be visiting Gillingham, quite few of us arranged to drink in an around London bridge before and after :smile: Hopefully we take over a 1000

Asked the girl in the ticket office for a student ticket if not then an adult. Clearly showed my University student card. Only afterwards, once at home did I see I've got an U18 / U12 ticket.

I think if we win the next game then 1,250

Had a great visit to Macclesfield in the most persistent cold rain ever, to see McCormack get a winner in our away end. Rain was so bad the stewards offered us a free move to seats in the end of the stand but most of us declined. Took a few hours to warm up but loved it, bring it on, as long as we win.:happy:

Yep remember that game. Worst I have ever been to was in the 90s I think away to palace before they built the new stand. Stood on the big open terrace with a good number from SUFC, we got soaked from start to finish and they scored in injury time to win one nil. Got back to my car in Shefield and battery flat, not a good evening.

A few pubs still remember 1972 apparently .

Aaaaah, yes, 1972.... Wasn't that the year there was a mass brawl in the middle of the pitch?
Seem to remember green corrugated iron stands and a big giant of a Medway dockyards copper picking up a Shrimper and a Gill, one under each arm and carrying them off while they were still trying to fight each other around his rather rotund 'corporation'.

Got a bit tasty outside afterwards.....

Yep remember that game. Worst I have ever been to was in the 90s I think away to palace before they built the new stand. Stood on the big open terrace with a good number from SUFC, we got soaked from start to finish and they scored in injury time to win one nil. Got back to my car in Shefield and battery flat, not a good evening.

Yep the 1993/4 Palace away game was played just after we beat Charlton 4-2 and of course the game after Palace was the famous 3-1 victory over Barry Fry's Birmingham. I remember we were unlucky to lose 1-0 at Palace but cant remember it raining! I cant remember it raining at the Macclesfield match mentioned on here either.

A real up and down season was 1993/4 could we really have gone up to the Prem if Barry Fry had not left? We played some excellent football that season some of the most entertaining I think I have ever seen, but there were also some very poor results as well. I think just after we beat Birmingham we lost 5 or 6 league games in a row which dropped us down from 4th to mid-table and we never recovered.

A family friend of mine was the assistant referee that night. In the last minute and in the lead-up to the goal he adjudged the ball not to be out of play when it looked clearly out to me. I've never let him forget it! :smile: Funny thing is he's actually a Blues fan!

Asked the girl in the ticket office for a student ticket if not then an adult. Clearly showed my University student card. Only afterwards, once at home did I see I've got an U18 / U12 ticket.

I think if we win the next game then 1,250
They're often the same, I've had it before where a student ticket is printed with that, usually as they're the same price so just put into that bracket, not sure if it's the case here?

Why did you park over 200 miles from the ground :stunned:

Am thinking of taking my kids (aged 5 and 9) to this game. Are tickets in the away end allocated to specific seats, or is it just a free-for-all when you get to the ground? Do many kids (i.e. under-11's) generally go to away games?

Am thinking of taking my kids (aged 5 and 9) to this game. Are tickets in the away end allocated to specific seats, or is it just a free-for-all when you get to the ground? Do many kids (i.e. under-11's) generally go to away games?
Not the nicest experience for young kids at Gillingham to be honest.

I'm taking my 8 year old to this one. He loves seeing new grounds and as it's only an hour away...
It's allocated seating in 1 big 'temporary' stand with no roof. I quite like Priestfield personally. Apart from the away stand, the rest of the ground is OK.

As a student at Canterbury uni I've been hoping for this fixture for a couple of years! Six of the boys staying down and traveling in the morning, cannot wait!

Back