• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Just a reminder to all that cheap tickets are on sale for this game.Not sure what the allocation is but if we took over 1200 to the den last week we should take the same to the Gills.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Gillingham as in the team that beat us twice at the beginning of the season.

And a team that has not won in 10 games (6 draws and 4 losses) including a 2-1 loss to Coventry (the bottom team) on Saturday.

Just a reminder to all that cheap tickets are on sale for this game.Not sure what the allocation is but if we took over 1200 to the den last week we should take the same to the Gills.

The only problem with comparing this game to Millwall, is the fact that the Den can actually boast a roof! It's not the most appetising of venues in the winter.
Having said that, I secured my tickets on Saturday.
Anything for a free waterproof mac!

Weather for Saturday is 10 degrees, with 14mph winds,.

10 quid a ticket, bargain even if no roof. Any tips on safe parking near to the stadium?

Weather for Saturday is 10 degrees, with 14mph winds,.

10 quid a ticket, bargain even if no roof. Any tips on safe parking near to the stadium?
There's plenty of parking, you just need to avoid the roads closest to the stadium that require permits. There is parking near the railway line, on Railway Street, off Ingram Road, which is where the coaches park. There's also parking off Woodlands Road on the other side of the ground. Been to Gillingham loads of times and never had an issue, as long as you get there early enough.

Last time we played at Gillingham it rained but fortunately the Stewartstown handed out plastic ponchos.

Looks like a great bargain at a tenner or £13 a ticket coming from Southend. As I live in Gillingham I will be sat in the main stand with an ugly looking lot of Gillingham mates , having secured two tickets for myself and my daughter for £50. No wonder Mr. Scully enjoys a Dubai lifestyle whilst he continues his never ending hunt for rich investors allegedly. I shall attempt to keep my head down a bit but look forward to handing out stick on the walk back home, looking at sad and disgruntled faces on the gills fans as I remind my friends of their relegation battle they face, whilst we head off towards the championship. For obvious reasons this is the big one for me and 3 losses would be hard to take.
As usual I will be waving to you all from my front door step as last year when you drive by look out for the happy grey haired nutter with scarf and beer in hand.
Parking no problem as advised above, have a great time and safe journey down and back and most of all a fantastic 3 points !!

£25 if you go with the Shrimpers Trust (£10 Ticket and £15 Travel)

or £23 with TravelZone --- £13 travel and £10 ticket.

Or just £20 if you're a Trust member at £10 each for travel and ticket! Plus don't forget Junior Blues can travel to one away game with the Trust FREE each season as part of their membership package.

spur of the moment decision a few years back, me n my lad went to see the blues at gills (easter ish). all I can remember is no one put three passes together (both teams) in the first half. Gillingham were really really S**T and they won 2-0. stuart Thurgood got sent off for them and came past out end giving it big kissing the badge (that might have been the boxing day match:unsure:) not going to Gillingham but will be with you all in spirit

Will back from suspension, but who gives way, if anyone?

I think PB will stick with the same side, unless Ferdy is fit.

First away game of the season for me, wasn't planning to go (the place is a hole) but had to after last night!

First away game of the season for me, wasn't planning to go (the place is a hole) but had to after last night!
Do you mind , I live in that hole:winking:
That's often said of the area near the ground, but if you check in on the top/wealthiest wards in the Country, the leafy glades of Bredhurst, Hempstead and Wigmore all in Gilingham are up there matching the cream of Surrey, don't you know, although bits of Gillinghams aspect of Kents garden of England are closer to the Compost area, I'll accept

I always find it depressing. You have to park away from the ground, cross the railway line and then sit on top of a load of scaffolding in the pouring rain with no shelter. Ranks amongst one of the worst away ends that we visit. Having said that, I'll be there again cheering our hat trick of away wins!

Do you mind , I live in that hole:winking:
That's often said of the area near the ground, but if you check in on the top/wealthiest wards in the Country, the leafy glades of Bredhurst, Hempstead and Wigmore all in Gilingham are up there matching the cream of Surrey, don't you know, although bits of Gillinghams aspect of Kents garden of England are closer to the Compost area, I'll accept

I was talking about the ground in paticular tbh

Back