• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smith
Bwomono White Matsuaka Hendrie
McGlashan Leonard Yearwood McGlaughlin
Robinson Cox

SUBS - Oxley Ferdinand Kyprianou Timlin Kightly MAF Ba​

Cant make too many changes, the team and the club badly need a win. Tinpot cup or not, its now 5 games without a win, with 3 of the next 4 games away from home that could easily turn into 9 or 10 games quite quickly.

We do however have no right back, only 1 fit central defender (who is a right back), as Ferdinand will have to be rested.

I would rather see pretty much a first team start in midfield and up front, and then make changes after an hour. Kightly, Fortune, Timlin can all manage 60 minutes. Maybe bring in McClaughlin as he needs minutes.

...........................smith.....................
leonard......white..........matsuzaka....hendrie
mcglashan...yearwood...timlin....mclaughlin
.............cox...........robinson.................

ba , klass, kyprianou , oxley , kightly , bmwomo , bridge

For that very reason, you couldn't possibly go with the defensive line up!

I agree with you, but the problem is we are woefully short of options for Centre Backs - especially tall dominant ones, unless he plays Ferdinand. From pre-season reports Matsuzuaka wasn't exactly pulling up trees, the only other youth option is Sonny Coutts, who has just been given a professional contract. Did Kyprianou play there during pre-season, if so how did he perform?

I agree with you, but the problem is we are woefully short of options for Centre Backs - especially tall dominant ones, unless he plays Ferdinand. From pre-season reports Matsuzuaka wasn't exactly pulling up trees, the only other youth option is Sonny Coutts, who has just been given a professional contract. Did Kyprianou play there during pre-season, if so how did he perform?

I agree with this, but I wouldn't class Ferdinand as a tall dominant CB. He needs to be playing alongside one imho.

Last season I said that I would keep Thompson over Ferdinand especially if we got promoted - I haven't seen anything this season to make me change my mind.

However, on form then Ferdinand is absolute class and reads the game so well but is not quick and is not great in the air. Now he is another year older, no quicker and for whatever reason is well off form (he has my deepest sympathy for his loss by the way).

I reckon that we will be lucky to get 10 games from Turner though I hope that I am wrong and he remains available for selection for the remainder of the season once fit and now it seems that Kiernan has one of those 'niggly' injuries that is making him unavailable for selection.

Given this, I would hope, but don't expect that the signing of a tall and dominant CB, even on loan, should be a priority.

These games biggest plus is an opportunity to mix it up and try the youngsters. Only problem is - the opposition are likely to follow suite. Still it is more game time opportunity for young players.
I see no sense whatsoever in playing our old boys as they do not need the experience but do need a rest.

Play a totally different back 4 and see if anyone can improve the current shambles we have back there.

As this is the equivalent of a friendly - why not pitch Ranger in? That would fit in with his pres-season. About time for a semi-competitive match.

As this is the equivalent of a friendly - why not pitch Ranger in? That would fit in with his pres-season. About time for a semi-competitive match.

Isn't he still under a curfew due to his tag?

If not, he's a big lad - can he play centre back?

Rushing an unfit Ranger back will only end in tears.....hammy anyone.

Given it's only the EFL Trophy and the injuries we've got, I'd make as many changes as we can:

Smith
White - Ferdinand - Matzusaka - Kyprianou
McGlashan - Leonard - Bridge - McLaughlin
Ba - Robinson

Back