• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Gillingham v Southend United

The situation is now so dire thanks to Bond and his team's tenure, and our left side so is so weak an under tens manager could work that out. Thank God for Macca! We are completely stuffed if he gets injured.

Sorry Waddock but you were part of the group that oversaw this.

Makes me wonder why, Ben Coker was just allowed to leave, surely he can't have been on that much strain wage wise to affect the budget.

We now seem to have a first choice LB whose positioning is questionable, and after that no one ,so are moving Elvis over

The midfield is more fragile than a good piece of Denby and offers the strikers almost nothing centrally to build on. SO please don'r keep GW involved.

Whoever comes in, just deserves the time to start putting this mess right. If I was Ron, I would come out at the time of the appointment and say the new appointee has at least until this time next year,and that would give 2 windows to use.

My one demand in Ron's position would be, Give us some pride back!!

The situation is now so dire thanks to Bond and his team's tenure, and our left side so is so weak an under tens manager could work that out. Thank God for Macca! We are completely stuffed if he gets injured.

Sorry Waddock but you were part of the group that oversaw this.

Makes me wonder why, Ben Coker was just allowed to leave, surely he can't have been on that much strain wage wise to affect the budget.

We now seem to have a first choice LB whose positioning is questionable, and after that no one ,so are moving Elvis over

The midfield is more fragile than a good piece of Denby and offers the strikers almost nothing centrally to build on. SO please don'r keep GW involved.

Whoever comes in, just deserves the time to start putting this mess right. If I was Ron, I would come out at the time of the appointment and say the new appointee has at least until this time next year,and that would give 2 windows to use.

My one demand in Ron's position would be, Give us some pride back!!

His greedy agent probably didn’t help, he was the reason he didn’t accept our offer prior to his injury. We won’t have offered him more than what we offered then with him having such a horrendous injury. His agent obviously thought he could get better elsewhere. Only time will tell if that is a mistake on our part. Don’t think there is anything suspicious or concerning about that decision.

Steven Humphrys has got x amount of football league appearances under his belt and if he was caught up in the atmosphere and got two yellows in a minute I’d think he was stupid.

Emile is 19 and played 2/3 times and was desperately trying to impress and do what he’d rightfully think most fans want from him which is throw himself into a few challenges and put himself about.

For him at his age and with his experience to get caught up in the atmosphere and not think straight and pick up two in a minute he is as stupid but can offer naivety as some sort of excuse.

You got kids? You ever been in a highly charged over emotional situation where you made bad decisions with either your actions or your words? Have they ever done that?

All I suggested was people should think before simply abusing someone with foul mouthed rants when it was clear the kid was in bits and instantly regretted his naivety.

Steven Humphrys has got x amount of football league appearances under his belt and if he was caught up in the atmosphere and got two yellows in a minute I’d think he was stupid.

Emile is 19 and played 2/3 times and was desperately trying to impress and do what he’d rightfully think most fans want from him which is throw himself into a few challenges and put himself about.

For him at his age and with his experience to get caught up in the atmosphere and not think straight and pick up two in a minute he is as stupid but can offer naivety as some sort of excuse.

You got kids? You ever been in a highly charged over emotional situation where you made bad decisions with either your actions or your words? Have they ever done that?

All I suggested was people should think before simply abusing someone with foul mouthed rants when it was clear the kid was in bits and instantly regretted his naivety.

SBH has asked to drop it, please can we just draw a line under this now.

That’s the first time I’ve ever left a game early, couldn’t take anymore after the third went in. Oxley was immense today and kept the score down brilliantly. Could easily have been 7 or 8 and I’m not exaggerating.

That’s the first time I’ve ever left a game early, couldn’t take anymore after the third went in. Oxley was immense today and kept the score down brilliantly. Could easily have been 7 or 8 and I’m not exaggerating.

Could have done a lot better with the third goal though, I would say he did ok but never immense. Just my opinion obviously.

Getting poorer match by match. Humphrys looks totally uninterested in trying to make anything happen. Milligan has been useless. Hamilton effectively having to do the job of 2/3 people. Shocking, just shocking.
Send them home withn no pay I’m sick of spending money watching total crap get rid of there not one good enough

704 Travelling Shrimpers behind the goal.

Only 700 to your closest away game? Ouch.

Anyways, I’d like to thank you all for yet another SZ match day thread beating Strictly into second place in ‘Jonny’s Saturday Night Entertainment Top 5’. Good stuff.

Only 700 to your closest away game? Ouch.

Anyways, I’d like to thank you all for yet another SZ match day thread beating Strictly into second place in ‘Jonny’s Saturday Night Entertainment Top 5’. Good stuff.
It’s amazing we took that many, considering. Still, 200 more than they brought to Roots Hall last season ?

I’m with TB a bit on this. Maybe we need a convention that in the match thread people highlight if they are there or watching on iPlayer. Frankly commenting on the radio commentary or twitter feed is hearsay, which people are free to share but others can decide how much weight to put on others’ views.

I love the highlighting idea. We will definitely look into that. :Clap:

Back