• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCStu

President
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2012/02/337115_Southend_United.jpg

Morris, Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Prosser, Ferdinand, Kalala, Timlin, Mohsni, Dickinson, Martin

Gilbert, Grant, Hall, Harris, Sampson.

Gazzaniga, Lawrence, Richards, Frampton, Martin, Jackman, Weston, Montrose, Tomlin, Kedwell, Kuffour.

Subs: Whelpdale, Payne, Essam, Evans, Hawke

Gilbert Benched, :party:but Barker starts.... and Phillips returns.

Cant see a win tonight, hopeful for a draw.

Morris 7 - Decent game. Solid catch from when Gillingham was creating the pressure in final few minutes.

Clohessy 6 - Not troubled, good going forward very well.

Phillips - 7 Shows the difference when hes back, solid match.

Barker - 6 Few dodgey moments, but came through it in the end. He needs Phillips alongside him in my view.

Prosser - 6 Solid match aswell, nothing speical but a big improvement on Gilbert but thats not saying much.

Martin - 8 Great first half, made some good runs, also provided a good cross for the 2nd and really hope he starts from now on in.

Ferdinand - 7 Soaked up the pressue and did what you want a defensive midfielder to do, keep things simple and he did that.

Kalala - 7 Very solid aswell, makes a difference to the team when he is on form.

Timlin - 7 Bit hit and miss especially with the freekick but adds that much needed drive to the team.

Monhsi - 8 Proved his worth in the last few minutes, also showed his class with his tackling and hopefully this shows when he keeps his head he is a good player at this level

Dickinson - 9 Held it very well, scrappy goal but it all counts. Very impressive.

Sampson - 6 Didnt get much time but shows a spark.

Hall - 6 Same as Sampson

Overall good performance in the first half, 2nd half was a different Southend and not one I want to see. Sort that out and fingers crossed this team can get over the line.

Gillinghams performance was poor but they will be close to the playoffs come the end of the season they showed some good stuff towards the end.

I thought Sampson may have started tonight.

I'm more confident than I was after seeing this team, think we can get the win tonight!

Dropping Hall is a big call, especially as he in general is on the same wavelength as Mohsni. I'd have dropped Dicko, kept Hall and played Mohsni up top... good to see Prosser come in.

Up the blues!

In a way I'am too. No Baldwin in the 16. And also I wonder if it'll take a game or two for Phillips and Prosser to get up to speed. Had their fitness been at peak level it would have been better still.

Yet again i'm not in agreement with Sturrock - i believe both Hall and Sampson should have started but we'll see if he's right.

Gills are favourites on Betfair and I can only assume this is because of home advantage because their form is as woeful as ours!

Totally agree. A big ask to come into a high tempo game, without any games behind them.
Lets hope they get some early touches and build from there with confidence.
Come on!

Hmmm, no Benayoun in the squad either. Unless he's injured that's harsh; thought he was one of our better players on Friday. The Jerusalem massive won't be pleased. Right, off to the pub.

Four changes for Blues

BLUES boss Paul Sturrock has made four changes to his starting line-up for tonight’s clash at Gillingham with Mark Phillips returning at the heart of the back four.
H.19.4

More...

Back