• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Give the Army free tickets

Rayleigh Blue

Youth Team
I think the club would get a lot of publicity if it gave out free tickets to our returning solders and I think it’s a good jester to those guys that have one hell of a job to do.

We could have them come out at half time to walk round the pitch to a round applause.

Good for the troop good for the club

Excellent publicity scam.. The press would love it!

Was just thinking about him , on topic , are we a particually well supported club by HM armed forces ??

Wouldnt Colchester be better served by this ??

Exactly why we should do it really! Think it's a great idea. Southend is after all, part of East Anglia isn't it, which regiment I know is based at Colchester.

free tickets... I'm get my fancy dress ready

rambo-big.jpg

Was just thinking about him , on topic , are we a particually well supported club by HM armed forces ??

Wouldnt Colchester be better served by this ??

Yeah this is my thinking. Is there a link between Southend-on-Sea and the Military that I'm not aware off? Its not as if we're a military town.

I'm in agreement that people in the Military do an excellent job but so do teachers, nurses and the police.

If a scheme like this is brought in on a genuine basis there where do you draw the line, if its a publicity stunt then it seems a little cheap to me.

Yeah this is my thinking. Is there a link between Southend-on-Sea and the Military that I'm not aware off? Its not as if we're a military town.

I'm in agreement that people in the Military do an excellent job but so do teachers, nurses and the police.

If a scheme like this is brought in on a genuine basis there where do you draw the line, if its a publicity stunt then it seems a little cheap to me.

There used to be a whacking great barracks at Shoebury so there has been a link in the past.

Coppers already get in for nothing if they're on duty for match days.:)

Chadded has been moved to a different area where they have 1 dodgy working computer, hence the lack of posts by him.

I'm sure he would love free tickets lol.

Em.

Well we did have the barracks and army testing place near Thorpe bay ;) . But yes i agree Medical staff should be included in that (mind you i think Army medical staff should then get free pies as well :D)

Completely off topic, but has anyone heard from Chadded?
I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago by phone. I think many of the SZFC lot have been in contact with him by letter. I was getting regular once a week phone calls, however as Emu pointed out, unfortunately he has been reassigned to a "less comfortable" place. He is counting down the days till the end of October and coming home.

He has a full months leave in November to which he told me he was visiting whether I liked it or not. (Chadded - when you finally read this - you are sleeping on the floor :))

military links are you sure
Royal Anglian Reg has a lot of guys from essex.

Think your forgetting the other service there!

military links are you sure
Royal Anglian Reg has a lot of guys from essex.

Nope I'm not sure at all to be honest thats why I raised it, have never lived in Southend and hadnt really heard anything to suggest that there is or was a large military presence in the town.

Thanks all for putting me right, now I know this it gives your case a lot or more credence.

Oh and apologies to Ricey, yes there was a group of deserving professionals I had missed. All hail the taxi drivers! ;)

Great idea in principle, but how many squaddies are there in the area who'd turn up for free tickets? Possibly enough to cause paying fans to miss out?

Other than that I'm loving the idea in principle. Needs a bit of tweaking, but good for publicity, and good for boosting support.

Bet it'd also nark off karers, they hardly strike me as the "support your armed forces" type

Back