• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvisisashrimper

Youth Team
New to the Shrimperzone so thought I would pick up on the thread relating to creating an atmosphere.

Dicussions were around knocking down walls but I reckon there is a simple way of creating a great atmosphere.

Lets get create 2 or 3 easy to learn catchy songs that can be sung around the ground. When I first started going to see the blues in the 70's we had loads of songs in the North Bank. Most involved a lot of swearing but some that were topical at the time..."Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly have you heard of the North bank at highbury? no said shanks I don't think so but I've heard of the Southend Northbank.

If you ever get the chance to experience Anfield the fantastic atmosphere is created by singing..non stop!...mind you most of them are related to the beatles

So anyone got any ideas on 2 or 3 songs that we can start off with...then once the regulars know these we can start adding others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Elvisisashrimper @ Nov. 16 2005,09:09)]If you ever get the chance to experience Anfield the fantastic atmosphere is created by singing..non stop!...mind you most of them are related to the beatles
Anfield was like a public library when I went to the Liverpool v Watford Carling Cup semi last season, save for 5,000 Hornets singing "Gerrard's going to Chelsea!!!"

I guess that's what the redevelopment of the Kop has done for the stadium. I had looked forward to seeing a game there for 25 years & it was one hell of a let-down to be honest.

I get what you're saying though about the atmosphere down the Hall. I still don't see why the South Stand for example has to be designated seating. If there was even a singing section in say the yellow half of the South Upper, I'm sure we could try & bring back some of the famed Roots Hall Roar. This is something that really needs investigating if we do ever get FF or another new stadium!

I know the FA sent out a questionnaire to England Fans members asking them if they would like designated singing 'zones' at the new Wembley. Maybe this is something SUFC could do as and when we get to FF.

Non specific seating, easy, buy a block ticket sit anywhere in say W or X block, all the singers mingle and love spreads. Its been mentioned before and suggested but I guess there would be some hassle as people might want to harrass people to move etc...and as the stewards don't seem to be able to use any man managment skills or customer facing techiniques they they have been taught, they have been taught right? it will be a shambles.

I think non-specific seating is definitely something the club should look into if they want to improve the atmosphere at Roots Hall, which to be fair has been pretty flat for most of the season, even against Col Ewe...

take all the seats out of the south lower for some spurious rebuilding/safety reason.. then put in some temporary crush barriers just to be on the safe side.. then leave it like that due to lack of funding/new proposed ground...
only replace said seats should the Premier$hite be reached..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 16 2005,12:24)]Couldnt we do that??
not after the plan has been printed on here. remember league managers read our site for players so i imagine the fa would also to scupper any extremist ideas!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Nov. 16 2005,12:40)]remember league managers read our site for players so i imagine the fa would also to scupper any extremist ideas!  
biggrin.gif
Do they? well I hope megson hasn't read my concerns that if they bought tony richards and Graham jones then they will beat us 12-0?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 16 2005,13:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Nov. 16 2005,12:40)]remember league managers read our site for players so i imagine the fa would also to scupper any extremist ideas!  
biggrin.gif
Do they? well I hope megson hasn't read my concerns that if they bought tony richards and Graham jones then they will beat us 12-0?
laugh.gif
----->
wink.gif

i have never been in the south lower.. i dont know if it would lend itself to such a plan,,  but it would be the ideal solution to letting poeple bang drums, smoke, swear, sing songs with swear words in, let stewards squeeze their mates in on the cheap.. etc etc, basically all the things those of us over 35 remember and love about football..   and anyone not likeing it could move away to a different part of the terrace or sit in the seats.... plus you could probably fit another 1 to 2 thou into the ground for big games and if you buy online you wont be bothered about getting a sh!te ticket

i go to watch sydney FC in australia... they have a special singing area called bay 23... its non stop constant singing and general misbehaving but those that want to join in, sit (actually stand) there... and they serve cheap beer. The atmosphere is excellent and to be honest you dont really care whether no one else is singing as you generally cant hear anyone else!!!

Do it

Good plan to take out the south lower seats and revert to terracing (a la one of the stands at Brentford's Griffin Park) but unfortunately the FLA and other football authorities WON'T let you revert back from being an all-seater stadium.

Back