• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Thought I should start a thread as the action begins today, which includes Wiggo back on the track.

The Opening Ceremony was erm...interesting. Barrowman? Really? I really fancy a Tunnock's Teacake though...

Didn't catch it but I saw enough griping on social media! Can't say it's caught me like 2012 did...maybe that'll change...The CG always seems a very poor man's Olympics in my eyes.

Good idea DS. It is something of a poor man's Olympics, but there'll still be some cracking sport. Any time England are up against the Aussies you have to take notice!

Always the opportunity for a bet too; I've had a speculative punt on Andrea Hewitt in the women's triathlon today.

For a country whose citizens get right uppity when stereotypes are referenced they didn't half look to play on them throughout that sack of ***** last night.

Did enjoy them belting out God Save the Queen at Celtic Park though. Industrial quantities of boiled **** would've been produced in the pubs around the stadium.

Did enjoy them belting out God Save the Queen at Celtic Park though. Industrial quantities of boiled **** would've been produced in the pubs around the stadium.

Curiously, a lot of the pubs around Celtic Park are more of the red, white and blue variety, but I know what you mean. A lot of Celtic's lunatic fringe would have been getting right hacked off.

Triathlon should be good later this morning.

EDIT: Men's is at 3pm

Triathlon should be good later this morning.

EDIT: Men's is at 3pm

Looking forward to that, although I'll be in the office, so will have to watch surreptitiously. Although given that I'm off on holiday tomorrow I might just try to leave early...

No firms that I can find are offering odds on that. But with Alistair at around 1/3 and Jonathan at around 3/1, it appears very likely!

What odds would you get on a 1-2? Probably also not very good given that Gomez of Spain isn't there, and he's about the only one that ever gets close to those two.

What odds would you get on a 1-2? Probably also not very good given that Gomez of Spain isn't there, and he's about the only one that ever gets close to those two.

I'd consider lumping a fair bit on it, only for my conscience to remind me of someone I know who stuck £1K on Man Utd beating some little club from South East Essex........

I'd consider lumping a fair bit on it, only for my conscience to remind me of someone I know who stuck £1K on Man Utd beating some little club from South East Essex........

Seeing as you can fall (AB - 2011), get a puncture (AB - 2011, but still won!) or get a time penalty (JB - London 2012) there's plenty of reasons why it's not a sure thing. However I'd expect the both to be in the final Top 3.

Seeing as you can fall (AB - 2011), get a puncture (AB - 2011, but still won!) or get a time penalty (JB - London 2012) there's plenty of reasons why it's not a sure thing. However I'd expect the both to be in the final Top 3.

Agreed, but in two of those cases it didn't matter. As you pointed out, AB got a puncture and still won. JB in London still came 3rd and was only beaten by his brother and Gomez.

A couple of other markets have opened up - to win a medal and to be leading after the swim - but still no forecast betting. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

That old pretendee Scots man Rod Steward takes a bow to fellow scots .

How long left in the womens' triathon? Currently there's 2 English and 1 Canadian in the lead pack of 3.

Back