• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ June 28 2005,14:37)]Rufus Wainwright was just superb, as were Engineers and Magic Numbers.
A man after my own heart - I'd pay serious money to see those three on the same bill.

Cant get enough of RW at the moment both 1 & 2 are getting a bashing in my cd player at the moment.

That was actually me that said that, but I went in under my brother's name, fish, without realising it.
Track 11 off Want One was just superb. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff. Had no idea he was that camp though.
But yes, Engineers, Magic Numbers and Rufus within the space of about a day was pretty good. And Engineers and Magic Numbers I know so hung out and got trashed with them too. All in all a good weekend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ June 29 2005,11:32)]And Engineers and Magic Numbers I know so hung out and got trashed with them too. All in all a good weekend.
What's the name of your band again?
Are you signed?
Are you touring nationally at all?
What kind of influences does the band have?

So many questions....!
We're called The Boxer Rebellion. Album came out in May on Mercury. We have been dropped since, but have label interest already. If you like early Verve, Radiohead and that epic stuff, then you'll like it.
We're doing odd dates at the moment. No label = no tour support unfortunately. But we have toured UK about 8 times. Glasgow is my fave place to go. Have played King Tuts about 5 times. Also played Barrowlands with Biffy Clyro and The Garage.
I sit in the South Upper.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ June 29 2005,21:57)]So many questions....!
We're called The Boxer Rebellion. Album came out in May on Mercury. We have been dropped since, but have label interest already. If you like early Verve, Radiohead and that epic stuff, then you'll like it.
We're doing odd dates at the moment. No label = no tour support unfortunately. But we have toured UK about 8 times. Glasgow is my fave place to go. Have played King Tuts about 5 times. Also played Barrowlands with Biffy Clyro and The Garage.
I sit in the South Upper.
Cheers for that, I'll keep an eye out for the album, shame you got dropped though. If you do get signed up again & are ever touring up this way give me a shout & I might pop along. King Tuts is an awesome venue & I've seen some amazing bands in there who've gone on to bigger & better things, the latest of whom is The Duke Spirit.

Good luck!

PS: South Upper is my location choice at the Hall too!

I'm disappointed, Piers!

http://www.subba-cultcha.com/boxerquest.html

sad.gif

laugh.gif

Everyone has to have a sense of humour...I have a feeling that interview was done in the last days of the Wignallmeister so please let me off!!
World Without End = Greenwich Foot Tunnel. I am impressed. A very cool tunnel actually, as far as tunnels go...

Alright Greenelk...we're playing this Thursday at Hoxton Underbelly if you're not doing much. Just so you know.

Bloody posted under my brother's name again didn't I...last post still stands. Nearest tube is Old Street.

excellent, just had a change in plans, so might well be able to make that! what time are you onstage? cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ July 01 2005,02:06)]World Without End = Greenwich Foot Tunnel. I am impressed. A very cool tunnel actually, as far as tunnels go...
wink.gif

You cannae beat a bit of Isambard Kingdom Brunel...

cool.gif

We'll be on at 8.30pm apparently. Supporting El Presidente.
http://www.underbellylondon.com/
That'll have the address. Never been to this venue, so I'm not sure what it's like.
Be sure to say hello if you pop down. I hit the crap out of the drums.

Back