• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glenn Pennyfather

That was a great night. Glenn took his goal really well and scoring so early helped to relax us - well, definitely me - a bit. When Richard got that second just after the hour, I gave myself away amongst the County fans (as I liked to stand watching the game on the halfway line in those days) and I got threatened but nothing more. I ran on the pitch at the end and I was taken aback at the size of some of our lads, e.g. Dave Martin and Big Roy. Peter Johnson made a point of thanking me (simply for congratulating him) which I thought was nice. And getting to shake Richard's hand before he left us that summer was a bittersweet moment. Those Wolves fans in the seats leaving early was a joy too. And Glenn's right about what a great job Paul Clark did as Player-Manager in those last couple of months. One of my happiest Blues moments and nice to see it remembered again.

Oh, I stayed up there and went to see Burnley the next day. They had to win to stay up in what was the first automatic relegation from Division Four (in my lifetime) - Turf Moor was packed and it was some atmosphere. They beat the O's 2-1.

Remember listening to Glen on the radio scoring at Main Road in the league cup to make it 2-1.
That seems like a thousand years ago. Always thought Glen could have gone on to do better than he eventually did.

Totally forgot that he scored up there and thought we lost 1-0! And I was there - doh! Remember seeing our fans doing a conga behind the goal though.

Back