• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gloves?

Gloves? - Acceptable attire for footballers?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Mark Rawle looked a C*** in them.

• Total voters

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
As stated in a previous thread:

Is it OK for footballers to wear gloves?

I think it is as long as you look the part.

I can get away with it because of my Seria A style haircut. In fact if I had a pair of Lotto boots as well you would swear I was Italian.

My gloves of choice are a pair of SUFC navy blue woollen numbers.

Whilst I am on the subject I must say I admired Paul Warhursts attempt to grow his hair long and affect the look of a grizzled San Siro legend despite being a fairly modest English Journeyman chancer.

Yes. Perfectly acceptable although they can be a pain if you take throws ...

Kev

laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

I have no problem with players wearing gloves.

In fact i think me and Kev are the only SZFC players who wear gloves! (Apart from the keepers before anyone says that!)

biggrin.gif

why on earth would you want to wear gloves unless you are in goal?never saw stan matthews in gloves in fact i don't remember seeing any of the old time players wearing gloves.are you men or mice?do you want a hot water bottle to sit on while you get changed?do you want a woolly hat to protect your ears?maybe a scarf to keep your neck warm?what about pads for the side of your legs for when you do sliding tackles on ice and snow?Yes i know a smack on the leg on a cold sunday morning hurts like hell( it does feel a little funky)but it's all part of the game.STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF BABIES AND TOUGHEN UP YOU GROUP OF TARTS.

No Gloves, No tights, No Leggings, No Woolly hats( Shrek).And just two bits of old cardboard as shinpads,,,,,

What is 'hard' about having cold hands?

Does it make you a better player? No.

Does it make doing up your buttons after the match look like a scene from My left foot? Yes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Dec. 17 2003,23:40)]I have no problem with players wearing gloves.

In fact i think me and Kev are the only SZFC players who wear gloves! (Apart from the keepers before anyone says that!)

biggrin.gif
And your the one who wouldnt wear my gloves on Sunday
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 18 2003,11:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Dec. 17 2003,23:40)]I have no problem with players wearing gloves.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Were they the multicoloured stripy ones though?

[b said:

Camp Dan to go with Camp Kev?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,11:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 18 2003,11:05)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Were they the multicoloured stripy ones though?
Might have been
wink.gif

He did wear them in the warm up tho, but the woos wouldnt wear them during the game.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 17 2003,21:51)]As stated in a previous thread:

I can get away with it because of my Seria A style haircut. In fact if I had a pair of Lotto boots as well you would swear I was Italian.

Whilst I am on the subject I must say I admired Paul Warhursts attempt to grow his hair long and affect the look of a grizzled San Siro legend despite being a fairly modest English Journeyman chancer.
TART!!!!!

mummy the bigger boys keep picking on me, they keep saying i am a girl because i wear gloves when playing football!

tounge.gif

I don't wear gloves as they hinder throw ins (as Kev said), other than that, no real reason why not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Dec. 18 2003,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 17 2003,21:51)]As stated in a previous thread:

TART!!!!!

mummy the bigger boys keep picking on me, they keep saying i am a girl because i wear gloves when playing football!

tounge.gif
To be fair not many people I play against are bigger than me.

Whats wrong with gloves?! I'd rather be warm than having f**king freezing hands. Nothing wrong with gloves. Once they get really warm you can take them off ...

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 18 2003,14:14)]Well if you actually moved around enough during a game your f*cking hands wouldn't get cold.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
Contraversal.

Who needs to run when you've got talent like mine ...

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Kev

I was going to launch into a massive rant about footballers who wear gloves but having read Kev's argument I rest my case.

(ps The Camp Kev nickname seems more appropriate by the minute)

Back