• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glynn Hurst

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Glynn Hurst to be looked at by blues boss Steve Tilson over the summer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,12:27)]Glynn Hurst to be looked at by blues boss Steve Tilson over the summer.
To drive the team bus or clean the boots ?

Who ?

Chesterfield striker... not a bad record, as it happens. Scored 13 in Div 2 last season - in a team that struggled most of the year.

Stockport thought he was good enough to splash out £200K on him, to capture him from Ayr.

Interesting. Not seen him play, so difficult to judge. But the stats don't look too bad at all.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,13:35)]Stockport thought he was good enough to splash out £200K on him, to capture him from Ayr.
Then 8 months later went on a free!
rock.gif

Interesting!! Surely wouldnt get Mcgleish and Hurst in?

But is this another fantastic southend4ever exclusive... and if so will it be the first one to actually have some truth in it?

Wasn't it you s4e that last week reproduced a supposed press comment due to be published the following day saying Constantine was definitely signing?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,12:40)]But is this another fantastic southend4ever exclusive... and if so will it be the first one to actually have some truth in it?

Wasn't it you s4e that last week reproduced a supposed press comment due to be published the following day saying Constantine was definitely signing?

rock.gif
haha, i knew that come the end of the week he would have it sorted out either way!

indeed it was me, but they come in with a late offer!
cool.gif

Just looking at the Spireites rivals site... they rate him. Quite a lot, by the looks of things.

They also think that he may well be off to Notts County...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,12:40)]But is this another fantastic southend4ever exclusive... and if so will it be the first one to actually have some truth in it?

rock.gif
haha, i knew that come the end of the week he would have it sorted out either way!

indeed it was me, but they come in with a late offer!  
cool.gif
So what source is this little gem then? Not that it's anything too juicy... I mean, saying he's looking at him over the summer is not exactly committal, is it? I dare say Tilly will be looking at Rooney and Beckham too in some tournament or other... as we all will no doubt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,12:48)]I dare say Tilly will be looking at Rooney and Beckham too
Rooney & Becks are on their way to Roots Hall?!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GET IN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

tounge.gif

I don&#39;t have to say who my source is.. simple really Glynn is interested in playing down south for a few seasons, Tilson wants a striker and he knows one of our players... who has recommended him to come and trial for the shrimpers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,12:48)]I dare say Tilly will be looking at Rooney and Beckham too
Rooney &amp; Becks are on their way to Roots Hall?&#33;

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GET IN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

tounge.gif
Not anymore they aren&#39;t. Hornchurch came in with better personal terms.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,12:50)]
[b said:
Rooney &amp; Becks are on their way to Roots Hall?&#33;

tounge.gif
Now with Leon Constantine having left and Maher looking on his way out, i&#39;d be satisfied with these as replacements&#33;&#33; John Terry might be worth a look at as well???

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you seemed extremely informed? how comes you know so much? Not meant offensively obviously&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,12:40)]Interesting&#33;&#33; Surely wouldnt get Mcgleish and Hurst in?
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Why not? Wasn&#39;t Tilly looking at getting another striker in before Connie left, even if he was staying?</span>

Back