• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glynn Hurst

I would like to think fbm that some of these stories that I have been informed of will continue to have truth in them. Obviously some won't. That is why they are rumours. Stories make the paper everyday that never become truth and yet people continue to buy papers. So if I hear something I will let Napster know because I think they are from more than valid source.

I like the idea but I think too much sh*t could come of it.. but then again we can only wait and see...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,15:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,15:22)]its only light hearted young shrimp..
Maybe... but it truly is the worst thing about SZ, and I'm not the only person who thinks it.

It's smug, self-serving and pointless.  If you feel yourself typing those words, just stop.  Because you've not actually conveyed any information; instead, you've just wound people up.

Still, one thing you appear not to know is my age... or at least it depends on your definition of young...

wink.gif

Matt
well 30 is young isn't it
biggrin.gif

i am sure you would argue the case young shrimp
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,16:33)]well 30 is young isn't it  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Well done for finding my member profile... I see you've declined to post your d.o.b. on your member profile, so there'll be no birthday card from me...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2004,16:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,16:33)]well 30 is young isn't it  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Well done for finding my member profile... I see you've declined to post your d.o.b. on your member profile, so there'll be no birthday card from me...

tounge.gif
LOL, don't worry I will PM you my birthday and you can send that card.. I can sense the frustration on your part of not being able to wish me brithday greetings!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,16:59)]LOL, don't worry I will PM you my birthday and you can send that card.. I can sense the frustration on your part of not being able to wish me brithday greetings!  
biggrin.gif
Oh goody... after all, I'm climbing the walls in sheer frustration here...

ghostface.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 25 2004,17:19)]So, Glynn Hurst?

cool.gif
good effort Naps!!

Yes back to the topic.. I think he would be a tremendous acquisition. He is a proven goalscorer and that is what this club needs because it is clear we lack the finishing touch.

If Lawrie can stay fit all season from what I have seen so far he could do well for us and get 15 goals or around that area.

Gower is a key player who can score 10 goals a season. We really would be the b******s if we could get a proven scorer and maybe a class winger like gower haha... thats what I think.. no need to talk about the defence as this topic is about a striker and attacking play unless ofcourse the full backs make darting runs then in Nicalau we are looking good and Jupp, not so sure, he has had some criticism but Tilly has kept him in the side. Lets wait and see eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,17:00)]Thanks Naps.. LEGEND!! maybe it won't turn into such a rowdy debate then with people quite clearly wanting to know information however they then start moaning at me for displaying it.
I don't belive you're connected in any way whatsoever. You claim to know Tilson... players etc... but I think it's all cr*p.

Of course... you could prove it by supplying me with:

a) A signed shirt by the new squad for 2004-05 when the new shirt comes out.

b) A christmas hamper of Southend United goodies.

c) Free tickets to games for myself and Mrs. OS whenever I'm in the UK.

If you don't do all of the above... you are a liar.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ May 27 2004,12:50)]He is Notts county's primie target to replace Paul Heffernan
And given where he currently lives (presumably, in & around Chesterfield), surely the County link is a far more logical one...?! He wouldn't need to relocate then, would he?

Matt

Back