• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Glynn Hurst

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 25 2004,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,12:40)]Interesting!! Surely wouldnt get Mcgleish and Hurst in?
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Why not? Wasn&#39;t Tilly looking at getting another striker in before Connie left, even if he was staying?</span>
Good point&#33; Didn&#39;t look at it like that&#33; If both came in though, we would have:

Dudfield
McGliesh
Hurst
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands (if still here)
Corbett (potentially played as a forward)

Possibly Revell if he signs eventually&#33;

Quite a choice&#33;&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:02)]you seemed extremely informed? how comes you know so much? Not meant offensively obviously&#33;
i know a player and someone close to steve..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,13:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:02)]you seemed extremely informed? how comes you know so much? Not meant offensively obviously&#33;
Fair enough&#33; Won&#39;t ask for names, bit unfair on you&#33;&#33;

Cool - I saw the news about Hurst this morning on teletext and was going to add him to our silly-season list - tongue in cheek really because I know he is a decent player and I didnt think we&#39;d have a chance.

I&#39;ll be keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Wonder if Fullarton put a word in?
rock.gif

With a lot of these released players, I think if we are interested Tilly would prefer to have them train with the team over the summer whilst they are still free agents to see how they fit in.

He is fully aware of a lot of players coming in and going straight back out of the door again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Kightly,

wink.gif
</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 25 2004,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Kightly,

wink.gif
</span>
Less of that...

do i detect some detective work going on.. pardon the pun..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ May 25 2004,13:05)]If both came in though, we would have:

Dudfield
McGliesh
Hurst
Broughton
Bramble
Husbands (if still here)
Corbett (potentially played as a forward)

Possibly Revell if he signs eventually&#33;

Quite a choice&#33;&#33;
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Makes me a lot less worried about Connie going, seeing it like that&#33;</span>

[b said:
[b said:
Are you sure that they appreciate you telling things like this on a public message board?

When I went for my work experience interview, rule number 1 was to not tell people outside of the club any confidential news.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 25 2004,14:25)]well, i don&#39;t work for the club.
No I never said you do.

I&#39;m saying that if Person A (Player) tells Person B (you) information that has not been made public knowledge, and then you go to a message board and reveal all, will they not be a little annoyed?

if the rumour was that tilly was going to leave or that he has had a bust up with ron martin then yes.

to say that we are going to take a look at a player with a means to signing him is not in the same category.

i don&#39;t think he will be annoyed, if he is, oh well... I would think not.. I have hardly gone to the papers.. not a big story really is it. Just information that our fans should be interested in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 25 2004,14:39)]No suppose not, just don&#39;t want to endanger your position of being our inside informer.
cool.gif
lol
biggrin.gif
the person won&#39;t know it is me
blues.gif

They will if they read this board&#33;

The point is that if you are told something in confidence and you betray that confidence so as to gain a little kudos for yourself, then sooner or later you will be found out. For instance MtS has said in this thread he has been on the spireites board... it is therefore not inconceivable that someone from their board has been on here.

So, they see the thread, stick it up on their board for general discussion (as we do with other clubs) and all of a sudden it is fairly public knowledge.

Then it may well get to the papers. And whilst there are plenty of silly season rumours about, not many of them are substantiated by someone who claims to know a very close source. If for instance this was a slightly more high profile deal, and your actions blew it for the club, then I would imagine your &quot;contact&quot; (if it is young Mr K) is going to be far from pleased. And if Tilly finds out from this board that he has blagged off to you about various deals, then he in turn gets a rocket.

What most people do is to make educated guesses and/or intelligent stabs as to what is going on and there&#39;s nowt wrong with that... but once you start posting confidential stuff and revealing your sources you are playing a very dangerous game.

Having said all of that, not much of what you actually predict comes off anyway... ever considered that your source is giving you duff info?

So, basically, it&#39;s all my fault...

sad.gif

Still, fbm, that was all very convincing until you suggested that a story about Southend &quot;might get in the papers&quot;... then I remembered why this is called &quot;silly season&quot;.

tounge.gif

Very true Fbm, I am running scared now.

Well, there are a lot of duff stories in football but I am only relaying information. Surely being a player on a free that there will be a number of clubs look at him.

He is not in any sort of negotiation so I wouldn&#39;t worry about it too much. Don&#39;t worry I wouldn&#39;t blow any deal because of a message board.

Hence the reason i will not reveal who we are looking to bring in and it is the position in the team (striker) that everyone is talking about
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 25 2004,15:12)]The point is that if you are told something in confidence and you betray that confidence so as to gain a little kudos for yourself, then sooner or later you will be found out.  
who said I was told in confidence
tounge.gif

also, as for the Kudos, i hardly feel that priviledged when deals at the club always go through the press and you will find out a few days later than I do. After all I am sure everyone knows something that others don't haha now that could be a good one to debate...
biggrin.gif

Back