• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SupaBlues

Coach⭐⭐
Hi fellow zoners. My partner is getting laid off the end of next month and when she gets her money we are thinking of booking an exotic holiday. I have been looking at Goa and from what I've seen it seems to tick all the boxes of what we are looking for. Has anybody been and if so would you recommend it or avoid it? Or is there somewhere you could recommend?

Yup, spent a week there back in 2005 after a month tour of India. It's beautiful.

The southern half of Goa is more for a relaxing quiet holiday, the northern is more lively and noisy for beach parties and that kind of thing.

Went there is 1998 and would recommend it to a point.

Food is good as long as you wanted curry each day, weather is fantastic and it was back then dirt cheap. People were friendly all be it the men are all pervs. I was working for a travel company and we did ten days looking around all the hotels. The nice hotels are all vert generic and fine, some of the family run places were not great but again this is 15 years ago.

Downsides for me are it is really poor out there as you would expect and there is a **** load of beggers if you leave the hotel complex. I got mullered by mossies and I still have a scar on my face from where on little ******* bit me and the hygiene is not good(or was not back in 1998).

Should add there is loads to see there if you like religious history type stuff. Its a former portugese colony and so it is a bit more european that other parts of India. Seafood was fantastic - The dog I ate by mistake was not so.

Personally not sure I would go back but worth going too. Much preferred Egypt and Brazil which I did as similar types of holidays but worth a visit.

There's other parts of South India which are apparently really amazing - Kerela in particular (my dad went and can't wait to go back).

Sri Lanka is worth a look if you haven't been - we went on our honeymoon (as well as the Maldives) and it was brilliant.

Love to go back to India at some point. The Punjab is easily one of my favourite places in the world.

Back