• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
The 2nd goal yesterday was goal of the season in my opinion. The build up play, vision from Cox and run/finish from Marc was brilliant.

We all appreciate individual goals from outside the area but yesterdays goal was such a good team goal. When you consider this is the same set of players that were playing hoof ball not so long ago, you have to simply applaud the type of goal it was. Most fans were probably convinced that we really couldn't produce something like that.

Then factor in the pitch. We are constantly told that teams can't play good football on it and yet we played some wonderful stuff yesterday.

Then also consider the team it was against. Not many teams will create a goal like that against one of the best defences in the league. We carved them open on numerous occasions with brilliant pieces of play.

I'm just so thankful that I'm starting a positive thread like this. I never thought I would do a month ago.
Thank you Powell and co.

So what do you think?

Is it goal of the season so far?

Lenny against Bury was pretty special. As you say, totally different goals.

The goal that relegates MK Franchise will be the goal of the season whichever club scores it :smile:

The 2nd goal yesterday was goal of the season in my opinion. The build up play, vision from Cox and run/finish from Marc was brilliant.

We all appreciate individual goals from outside the area but yesterdays goal was such a good team goal. When you consider this is the same set of players that were playing hoof ball not so long ago, you have to simply applaud the type of goal it was. Most fans were probably convinced that we really couldn't produce something like that.

Then factor in the pitch. We are constantly told that teams can't play good football on it and yet we played some wonderful stuff yesterday.

Then also consider the team it was against. Not many teams will create a goal like that against one of the best defences in the league. We carved them open on numerous occasions with brilliant pieces of play.

I'm just so thankful that I'm starting a positive thread like this. I never thought I would do a month ago.
Thank you Powell and co.

So what do you think?

Is it goal of the season so far?

100% agree with you, and both I and London Blue said the same during the game.

London Blue also was quite correct when he guessed that the highlights would not do the goal justice and would not include most of the build up.

This was my preferred type of goal of the season - it's a team game and whilst i love the spectacular a team goal will win it for me every time.

If we are shortlisting, I'd throw in Macca's goal away at Fleetwood.

What I liked about the goal was our two strikers combining where it really matters. Just shows what they are capable of when they get in those areas. More like that please.

100% agree with you, and both I and London Blue said the same during the game.

London Blue also was quite correct when he guessed that the highlights would not do the goal justice and would not include most of the build up.

This was my preferred type of goal of the season - it's a team game and whilst i love the spectacular a team goal will win it for me every time.

Yes we thought the same. Watching the Football League show, sorry Goal Rush, I was left disappointed but I knew it would happen. They left half the build up out. Oh well at least we know how good it was.

As others have stated, there have been a few fantastic, speculative efforts this season. I do enjoy such goals too. But there's something special about a really good team goal, especially in the lower leagues. It doesn't happen too often.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. When you think we have a great passer and finisher in Wordsworth to come back, things are really looking good.

Back