• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Like virtually every other supporter since Wednesday I haven't come back down to earth yet and was thinking that regardless of Reeves status as a loan player he will always go down in history as the player that ultimately scored the goal that took us to wembley. Then I got thinking about during my 34 years as a supporter which other goals have meant as much and why.

David Crowns double at Peterborough in 87 I think, won us the match and promotion.
Red Card Roy's penalty to beat Division 1 Derby County in the league cup, late 80s
Ian Benjamin goal at Bury to clinch promo to Division 2, first time in clubs history
Drewes equaliser against Col utd that clinched our place in our first major final
Fred's double at Swansea to clinch promotion and then Wayne Grays winner to win the title
Freds strike against Man Utd...say no more
Peter Clarkes late equaliser against the money bags team Chelsea
and Reeves against Orient to win our place at wembley

there are many more I'm sure but they are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

Wayne Gray's goal against Bristol City that won us the league 1 title will always be in the memory.

Frank Moussa's against Col Ewe at their lego stadium.

All the obvious ones already mentioned.

Mitchell Cole's goal against Col U .
Tilson's goal against Grimsby in 90/91. Grimsby were one of our main rivals and to beat them was a big thing and it was a great goal.
Corr/Eastwood scoring vs Exeter to win us the game on their comebacks.

You've missed out

Brett Angell's goal v W*** H**
Peter Daley's goal at Layer Road that sent Col Ewe into non-league football
Duncan Jupp's clincher at the Millennium Stadium
Lee Barnard's last minute winner in a dire league cup game against Cheltenham which meant we didn't have to endure extra time against them for the third year running

Not a goal but Daryl Flahavan's worldy save in the last minute of of play off victory against Northampton.

That amazing save was worth a goal and Led to similar celebrations from me as when Mildenhall saved from Di Santo seconds after Clarkeys equaliser @ Stamford Bridge.

Also, bizzarely, I went pretty wild with joy at the decision of a throw in the 94th minute weds ha ha, I actually lost it with joy. The other night's final whistle topped it for me I think....priceless

Back