• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Player
League
League Cup
FA Cup
Checkatrade Trophy
Total Goals
Cox
-
-
-
Wordsworth
-
-
Ranger
-
-
-
McLaughlin
-
-
Fortune
-
-
Atkinson
-
-
-
McGlashan
-
-
-
Leonard
-
-
-
Ferdinand
-
-
-
Robinson
-
-
-
Mooney
-
-
Kyprianou
-
-
O'Neill
-
-
-
Thompson
-
-
-
Demetriou
-
-
-
Timlin
-
-
-
White
-
-
-
Own Goals
-
-
-

Last edited:
I one player can chip in with 15-20 goals that should see us around mid table but if a few chip in then we should be ok:thumbsup:

please PB give Williams a start and see how well he performs, no point in bringing him on with a couple of mins to go

Have I missed the point here, or did this thread become a sticky to keep an updated tally of our goal scorers? Seems to me that poor old Cox is going to get whacked in any thread that's started. Hey ho.

Unsurprising that our 4 forwards under Brown ( including Williams ) have amassed just 4 goals between them and we are over a third of the way through the season. However thank goodness midfield/wingers are slotting a few

It tends to be the same under Browny when it comes to finding a half decent goalscoring striker unfortunately. His track record is abysmal on this front. At least he recognised it at the end of last season , making finding strikers the top priority, " Judge me after the transfer window closes "
Last year was one of the worst as young Jack Payne was our top goalscorer with just 9 Goals. This was the worst rate in the league apart from Cullen of Blackpool , who also got nine but from just 21 games. Our best striker was Mooney with a rather sad 8 goals. This year is going much the same way as previous years on the striker front, and could even be worse with just 4 goals scored in total by our quintet of Mooney, Ranger, Fortune, Cox and Williams
I rather get tireed of hearing how impossible it is to find a striker as we seek to find excuses. Last year in our league for example 9 strikers scores at least one goal every 2 games. ( an average of 23 goals per person ) The top strikers scored 28, 25, 23, 22, 21 and 20 goals.
In league 2 last year FOURTEEN strikers scored more than 15 goals each.
Yes there are a few exceptions where having a 20 plus goalscorer may not gain promotion, if everyone is scoring ( 4 players scored 52 goals for Peterborough for example, but most teams with the 6 top goalscorers did very well thank you. So NO they are not impossible to find and secondly they may well not be on Coxs wages, so neither it about the money. Its about Southends ability to find, play with and develop bl..dy forwards
Que the usual responses, " its the money, we are poor, only the top clubs can do it, theres nobody out there etc ... utter rubbish!!

no, I like to keep my posts short, Am I breaking any rules ?

It tends to be the same under Browny when it comes to finding a half decent goalscoring striker unfortunately. His track record is abysmal on this front. At least he recognised it at the end of last season , making finding strikers the top priority, " Judge me after the transfer window closes "
Last year was one of the worst as young Jack Payne was our top goalscorer with just 9 Goals. This was the worst rate in the league apart from Cullen of Blackpool , who also got nine but from just 21 games. Our best striker was Mooney with a rather sad 8 goals. This year is going much the same way as previous years on the striker front, and could even be worse with just 4 goals scored in total by our quintet of Mooney, Ranger, Fortune, Cox and Williams
I rather get tireed of hearing how impossible it is to find a striker as we seek to find excuses. Last year in our league for example 9 strikers scores at least one goal every 2 games. ( an average of 23 goals per person ) The top strikers scored 28, 25, 23, 22, 21 and 20 goals.
In league 2 last year FOURTEEN strikers scored more than 15 goals each.
Yes there are a few exceptions where having a 20 plus goalscorer may not gain promotion, if everyone is scoring ( 4 players scored 52 goals for Peterborough for example, but most teams with the 6 top goalscorers did very well thank you. So NO they are not impossible to find and secondly they may well not be on Coxs wages, so neither it about the money. Its about Southends ability to find, play with and develop bl..dy forwards
Que the usual responses, " its the money, we are poor, only the top clubs can do it, theres nobody out there etc ... utter rubbish!!

In that case I'll try a different response. Just a few months ago you were telling us all about your second team.... Gillingham.

How's that wonderful 6'4" striker from Bournemouth doing this season. Remember you said we had missed out on him because Gillingham and Justin Edinburgh were so much better than us. Getting players in early was the key.

Anyway how many goals as the big lad scored.

Let me see if your brain can cope with this then?

Of the leading SEVENTEEN goalscorers in our league currently, only 3 commanded a fee, two of which came from the lower leagues and we probably could have afforded. Please let's not here again just how impossible it is to find a striker

P.s Riggers. Just for the sake of accuracy and I know this is a difficult concept for you to grasp, but Gillingham are not my second team. I happen to live here and me and my family as shareholders of Southend absolutely see Gillingham as Below Colchester in terms of support
still don't let one of your typical snidely little digs get in the way of entering an adult debate, no wonder you constantly attract the radar of the mods

Let me see if your brain can cope with this then?

Of the leading SEVENTEEN goalscorers in our league currently, only 3 commanded a fee, two of which came from the lower leagues and we probably could have afforded. Please let's not here again just how impossible it is to find a striker

P.s Riggers. Just for the sake of accuracy and I know this is a difficult concept for you to grasp, but Gillingham are not my second team. I happen to live here and me and my family as shareholders of Southend absolutely see Gillingham as Below Colchester in terms of support
still don't let one of your typical snidely little digs get in the way of entering an adult debate, no wonder you constantly attract the radar of the mods

Oh dear Bazza I have hit a nerve. What you can't seem to accept its wages not transfer fees that decide who we sign. We tried to sign Novak and make him the highest paid in the club but Charlton offered him £2,000 per week more.

By they way you were happy to big up Gillingham after they had beaten us twice in a week but at least you have learnt a couple of lessons.......Medals aren't given out in August and sometimes its best to stay loyal.

I suggest you wait until May to see who has done well in the league one striker tables. For what its worth I'm quite happy with our current 2. As Rangers presence and Cox's 6 assists have so far proved there's a lot more to forward play than just goals

McLaughln. 5. Morris. (Scunthorpe ). Free transfer ...... 14

Taylor (. Bristol Rovers). Free ..... 11

Jones ( Port Vale. ). On loan. .... 9
Wordsworth. 5

Cox. 4

Ranger. 2

League goalscorers update

Back