• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
On current form, is not worth his place in the squad. I Don't care if he's scored 3 goals in 4 Matches, today he was diabolical. He was brought in to bring something else to the attack and offered absolutely nothing. Won Sweet FA in the air and was static, trying to feed off the balls supplied by the midfield but was outdone by smaller opposition everytime. Very Little movement and squandered every half chance that came his way. Sorry to say but he showed his age today. Walsall were nothing special, yet we made them look good defensively with our incapability to string a decent attack with an end product.

Whereas Bradbury, i thought today had a reasonable game. Playing alongside Goater, who won nothing aerial, must've been frustrating and did the best of what he was given, unfortunately for us it wasn't a goal. Pair him alongside Eastwood and i think we have a winning combination...

Who else would have played today though? I think Lawson is a waste of space, but you had to start Goater and Bradbury today...

Hopefully Gray and Eastwood next week!

i disagree,goater had a decent game. looked like a pro compared to the performance he put in against brentford.

what we missed in someone with pace who is happy to run and defenders with the ball. eastwood and gray will be a good partner for bradbury.

I've thought that Goater has been pretty poor since returning to the side, but today I thought he looked sharper than in recent games. He seemed to have a good understanding with Bradbury and certainly had a better game than most of the side.

Eastwood and Bradbury is a partnership I would like to see. Give the Goat a rest, poor old man. If Gray was available, i wouldn't play him - got to be short of match fitness. Good sub to change the game though.

Goater wasn't too bad today but he just doesn't have the pace that we missed with Freddy not playing.

I don't think Goater was terrible today - he mad esome good touches and played quite well but he doesn't have the pace to run at and beat people, which is what we so dearly missed today.

Goater had an average game but the problem was he always had his back to goal as did Bradbury. He showed some nice touches though and held the ball up well but he and Bradbury are too similar - big targetmen who will win headers and hold the ball up. Goater had 2 good chances today though which you'd expect him to bury.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 25 2006,18:20)]On current form, is not worth his place in the squad. I Don't care if he's scored 3 goals in 4 Matches, today he was diabolical. He was brought in to bring something else to the attack and offered absolutely nothing. Won Sweet FA in the air and was static, trying to feed off the balls supplied by the midfield but was outdone by smaller opposition everytime. Very Little movement and squandered every half chance that came his way. Sorry to say but he showed his age today. Walsall were nothing special, yet we made them look good defensively with our incapability to string a decent attack with an end product.

Whereas Bradbury, i thought today had a reasonable game. Playing alongside Goater, who won nothing aerial, must've been frustrating and did the best of what he was given, unfortunately for us it wasn't a goal. Pair him alongside Eastwood and i think we have a winning combination...
CRAP! There were worse Southend players on the park today than Goater, for some reason he seems to be the whipping boy. The majority of the team were below par today, singling Goater out for criticism is unjust.

Are you the type of fan that will be peeing themselves in delight if we miss out on promotion by a whisker, crowing "I told you so". We are 11 games from achieving a rare second "Divsion 2" promotion in our centenary year. I fear what the players would think if they read some of this drivel.

Fair enough it's your opinion, but NOT what the fans & squad need right now.

COME ON LADS, WE ARE NEARLY THERE!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 25 2006,18:20)]On current form, is not worth his place in the squad. I Don't care if he's scored 3 goals in 4 Matches, today he was diabolical. He was brought in to bring something else to the attack and offered absolutely nothing. Won Sweet FA in the air and was static, trying to feed off the balls supplied by the midfield but was outdone by smaller opposition everytime. Very Little movement and squandered every half chance that came his way. Sorry to say but he showed his age today. Walsall were nothing special, yet we made them look good defensively with our incapability to string a decent attack with an end product.

did you go to the game today? i thought goater played really well and was my man of the match. he won headers in the air and knock them down to bradbury on many occasions. his touch was better and he held the ball up well. i agree he should have scored the header chance, but it wasnt as easy as you think. the cross was just a little too high so he could keep the header down, it was more dificult than lawsons header. when your 36, if you havent reached that age yet, lets see how fast you can run. not only did goater play well today but his experience on the pitch, dressing room and in training is so valuable, we need him.

I don't balme Goater exclusively for todays draw (so nearly typed defeat, it felt like one) but nobody, apart from maybe Maher, played decent at all today.  Without Freddy or Gray, we never even looked like scoring.  It's a good job other results went our way, though I think we should have taken full advantage of that, but we haven't.  Now we HAVE to beat Col Ewe, whereas before today I would have said a draw would be an acceptable result at Slayer Road.

What are some people watching? Goater makes Tony Richards look decent, he is a very expensive luxury, an old static slow waste of space, how did he play higher? Get over the legend crap, the pairing up front are possibly the worst i have seen for years, poor old Lawrie Dudfield, these two are not fit to lace your boots. This time Tilson has got it badly wrong, and as for Gutteridge...........................!

whatever you want to say aobut Goater, did Tilly have a better alternative?
Ive have said before I worry that suspensions are going to hurt us badly in the run in. Gutteridge picked up another yellow for getting involved in an incident which was nothing to do with him and we had already been given a free kick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Feb. 25 2006,21:17)]I don't think Goater was terrible today - he mad esome good touches and played quite well but he doesn't have the pace to run at and beat people, which is what we so dearly missed today.
Thankyou, was beginning to think I was watching a different game to everyone else.....

Look, we know the Goat has no pace and we also know that whilst he's good in the air when unmarked he doesn't win as much as he probably should when up against a marker. Why oh why then was much of the Goat's service in the air?!! On the deck and with his back to goal I thought he showed some excellent touches today and linked well with Bradbury at times - however they are too similar IMHO and both would benefit from playing with Freddy (preferably) or possibly Wayne, we know the Goat certainly does.

Regarding Bradbury I thought he looked our best player in the 1st half but not so effective in the 2nd with the lack of service. I also don't think he's fully fit yet which is understandable and he tired during the 2nd period. I thought he'd be an exceelent signing when we got him though and I've seen nothing to disagree with that opinion.

I'll say the same thing about The Goat that I seem to say after every game lately. If you play the ball into his feet or give him a chance in the area then he adds a hell of a lot to the side. If you knock it in the air to him or play it in the channels for him to run onto then he's not going to look good and sure enough that was the case today, at least in the second half.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Feb. 25 2006,22:20)]
[b said:

CRAP! There were worse Southend players on the park today than Goater, for some reason he seems to be the whipping boy. The majority of the team were below par today, singling Goater out for criticism is unjust.

Are you the type of fan that will be peeing themselves in delight if we miss out on promotion by a whisker, crowing "I told you so". We are 11 games from achieving a rare second "Divsion 2" promotion in our centenary year. I fear what the players would think if they read some of this drivel.

Fair enough it's your opinion, but NOT what the fans & squad need right now.

COME ON LADS, WE ARE NEARLY THERE!!!!
Spot on post mate! We had a bad performance today but so did everyone else who is up there challenging so it isn't all doom and gloom!

We're goin up - with Tilly and Brush!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Now we HAVE to beat Col Ewe, whereas before today I would have said a draw would be an acceptable result at Slayer Road.

Cant agree, an away draw will be ok. We just need to win the home games and hope yesterday was a one off.

Back