• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bumpkinblue

Schoolboy
I gather we are renaming the territorials the 'Army Reserve' - just so happens to be the same name as the American ones,we have 'Homeland security' after the American ones - Great Britain Olympic team is nowaday 'Team GB' named after Team USA - i have heard pundits on 5 live saying during Premiership games that some teams tactics are 'left field' as well as 'throwing a curved ball' which i am pretty sure are not British expressions and don't forget the 'stepping up to the plate' sort of sayings that are freely used.
Now don't get me wrong,i am not a little Englander,i love the yanks,i've been there a couple of times and found them lovely people,but our medias fascination with them (wall to wall coverage of the annual hurricane and the yawnathon presidential election) is starting to get on my nerves as well as everything being renamed after anything American - anyone out there agree or am i lone voice in the wilderness?:sad:

The two nations always have and always will be linked in so many ways, they love rounders and stop start rugby with pads on and of course they have taken netball to new heights. Look at the names of the places out there boston, New York, new england etc etc etc the cultural flow shall we say has been a two way street

Back