• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News GoFundMe page to help Southend United reaches £1,000

A GOFUNDME page to raise funds to support Southend United has now raised £1,000.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Let’s be honest eh, that’s pretty rubbish eh, I don’t think a lot of fans will donate due to the fact that they are not sure where the money is going or how this will be used, does anyone actually know this, say if we raise by a miracle 200k, what will happen to it ?

Let’s be honest eh, that’s pretty rubbish eh, I don’t think a lot of fans will donate due to the fact that they are not sure where the money is going or how this will be used, does anyone actually know this, say if we raise by a miracle 200k, what will happen to it ?
You are probably right T541. It reported “I have been in contact with the chairman of the Shrimpers Trust and they are happy to look after any funds raised,” said Lawrence.
Many supporters, before parting with their hard-earned cash will want to know exactly where their donation will end up or what will happen to it if the club folds before it can be used.

You are probably right T541. It reported “I have been in contact with the chairman of the Shrimpers Trust and they are happy to look after any funds raised,” said Lawrence.
Many supporters, before parting with their hard-earned cash will want to know exactly where their donation will end up or what will happen to it if the club folds before it can be used.
Great idea, best thing for any monies is to go to the shrimpers trust, good shout :Thumbs up:

I think there is more than one page set up so they need to join together if they hope to get more donations

Southend wouldnt be the same without its Football team, Something i dont know what needs to be done to help it,It would not be just a change off management ,i believe thinking about it , it must begin with a new stadium ,i believe RM himself knows this ,i think he realised this a long time ago thats why he been trying the only way he knows to get this done ,its not all about a nice nest egg for himself ,even though he will do good from it ,i truly believe he does care about the footballing side too ,just made some bad decisions along the way.What we need is the council to quickly rubber stamp the project and a spade to be dug into the ground at FF.

Hi, I am standing next to the trust chairman now and he confirms that he has discussed this with Jack and it is the intention that Jack passes over funds to the trust.

So are the trust officially backing this particular fundraiser? I want to donate but have been waiting for the trust to confirm where we should be donating.

The guy is doing what he feels to be right and he has my full support, spiritually and financially. Even the smallest donation sends a positive message that fans can not only protest and criticise but offer a solution also. Even if it turns out to be only a token gesture its always worth standing up to be counted and this is Jacks preferred way, others will do it differently but for me this is the best expression offered.

Keeping an eye on it to see if any well earning former Shrimpers chip in. Maybe a Bentley, Leonard or a Hayden...

Back