• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When we were relegated to Division 4 I thought I would make the most of the situation and go to a number of the grounds that I have yet to visit. :thumbsup:

But blow me down ............. despite trotting down to Plymouth and along to the Don Valley for example I find that I tend to go to the same grounds each year and am no further forward - it's all those other promotions and relegations that leave me still with 1/3rd of the grounds to visit. :sad:

So I am now looking at whether a trip to Fleetwood is possible ....... along with Rotherham's new ground.

Without wishing to turn this into a "I've been to more grounds than you" competition, what new football grounds have others got in mind to visit this season?

This is the very reason am slowing down on my attendance of games as it has become boring visiting these said grounds time, time ,time again and you know its bad when the stewards remember you!But to answer your question I have Fleetwood,Rotherham,York and Rochdale then I have another full league 2 but only have 10 (ish) to complete the full 92

When we were relegated to Division 4 I thought I would make the most of the situation and go to a number of the grounds that I have yet to visit. :thumbsup:

But blow me down ............. despite trotting down to Plymouth and along to the Don Valley for example I find that I tend to go to the same grounds each year and am no further forward - it's all those other promotions and relegations that leave me still with 1/3rd of the grounds to visit. :sad:

So I am now looking at whether a trip to Fleetwood is possible ....... along with Rotherham's new ground.

Without wishing to turn this into a "I've been to more grounds than you" competition, what new football grounds have others got in mind to visit this season?

Rochdale, Fleetwood, Rotherham, York, Exeter

York, Rotherham and Fleetwood. I will also try to get to Brighton and Coventry too this season.

Only need to do York, Fleetwood and Accrington.

Interesting. York has possibly the worst away end in the league for facilities and Accrington has possibly the worst ground overall .......... but that is not to be unpleasant to them - you have to make do with what you have and Roots Hall is hardly a palace!

Another one here for York. Planning to do a long weekend with the family up there, with me escaping for a few hours to catch the game on the Saturday afternoon.

Still only at about the halfway mark of the 92. Lost a couple last season with Macclesfield and Hereford and have only managed a few new ones (Daggers, Creepy, Coventry) in the last year.

will be going to fleetwood, morecombe, york, rochdale & chesterfield. plus slagenham if can get a ticket.
i dont count grounds ive attended which didnt involve Southend United.

Never done , Burton, Daggers, Exeter, Fleetwood, Morecombe and Rochdale.

Can only see myself ticking of Daggers this season.

Fleetwood, Morecombe (pies delish), and deffo weekend in York last away game.

With this only being my fourth actual full season and previously not having a job, I'm planing to do most this year with the exception of some mid week ones as I can't always get time off work :thumbdown:

Away Day Blues will (hopefully) be picking up York, Fleetwood, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers. Plus I'll be going to Rotherham's new ground, possibly Newcastle as a neutral and fingers crossed for a nothern based team in the FA Cup.

Arsenal, Aston Villa and Fleetwood of the current 92 for me

Barring a wonderful cup draw i'll be faced with the first two for eternity

My aways this year will undoubtably depend on whether i can be bothered to help my lad up his total but i must admit trips to Accrington & Torquay don't really appeal

He also needs York but i'm quite up for that one as its a really nice city

I'm not planning anything will see how it goes, doubtful I'll be doing any long trips at the moment though.

York. And the ground is well placed centrally to the city (and railway station) so just a walk from the many good pubs and sights. :thumbsup:

Yes - I "lost" Macclesfield and Hereford as two grounds I had visited.

I have yet to visit Torquay or Exeter - the journey to either of them seems rather daunting after my experience of getting to Plymouth.

Interesting that so many are considering Fleetwood - they already seem to have more appeal than both Stevenage and Crawley added together. :stunned:

Down to 80 of the current grounds and 88 clubs. Plan to do York (new club), Rotherham (new ground) and Fleetwood (new club) this season. Just hope we get Sheffield Utd and Wigan in cup games to complete the 92 clubs.

I'm somthing over 50 grounds and I've bought train tickets for Peterborough, Cheltenham and Plymouth as never beens. Rotherham is just annoying as ticked them off last season (though was well worth the trip). There is a music festival in Blackpool the w/e we play Fleetwood so that is a possible extra reason to go.

Back