• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
With the state of many clubs finances, do you think that taking a step backwards may help. By this i mean going back to the days of the old 3rd division South and North.By doing this it would generate more local derbies ,which mean higher attendances ,more revenue. Also less travel and no over night stays so saving on Hotel bills for the club.Also save some money on travel for the supporters.It would mean the now 4th division would be made defunct as it would with the 3rd division amalgamyed into the 3rd STH and 3rd NTH, as for promotion and relegation, well the team form each division that finishes top gets automatic promotion and the teams finishing 2nd to 5th in each division play off on a knockout basis, 2nd STH v 5 th NTH etc etc. the conference league could aslo become a NORTH AND SOUTH. Therefore the 2 bottom teams in each 3rd division get relegated and the two top from conference promoted. As for the playoffs ,with the final to be played at Wembley they would also geneate much need revenue for the clubs concerned also, all legs to be played on a home and away basis.
I may be mad ,but what are your thoughts!!!

there is a simple fix for football, stop paying players loads of money, all the clubs need to get together and say right ***k these agent and **ck these silly demands (even at our level) no one in league two will be allowed to pay a player over 40k a year, end of. Then chuck whatever figure you want for league one etc etc. What will be the result of this?????? will no one want to play professional football?? bull hang they wont it would just have a fairly level playing field for 4th division teams and enable sensible business planning instead of the mess that clubs are in now. I like the idea of north and south leagues, again more away support would mean bigger attendances meaning more money, this could be used to really develop local talent and eventually do away with the need for spending out on players when you are producing homegrown players.

there is a simple fix for football, stop paying players loads of money, all the clubs need to get together and say right ***k these agent and **ck these silly demands (even at our level) no one in league two will be allowed to pay a player over 40k a year, end of. Then chuck whatever figure you want for league one etc etc. What will be the result of this?????? will no one want to play professional football?? bull hang they wont it would just have a fairly level playing field for 4th division teams and enable sensible business planning instead of the mess that clubs are in now. I like the idea of north and south leagues, again more away support would mean bigger attendances meaning more money, this could be used to really develop local talent and eventually do away with the need for spending out on players when you are producing homegrown players.

The problem really is are the top clubs ever going to do this. Once the money gets into a sport its I would say impossible to get the money out again. The players arent going to accept a massive pay cut.

The cost of going to games is the prime consideration. Oh hang on, no it's not! To go to League 2 away game costs!

Accrington away cost me £22 coach, £17 ticket, programme (optional I know) + petrol to get to the pick-up point. I don't include 'food' (although the pie and chips with Marrakesh sauce (!) was pretty good) as I have to eat anyway. So a tad short of £45 to watch a match.

For some it's beyond justification. Time for football as a whole to recognise this. How can clubs justify £100,000 a week for some when tickets bought by people on £20,000 a YEAR can be £60? Going to a Prem away game could cost £100! Madness.

Let's be honest, whether you're paid £10,000 a week or £100,000 a week isn't massively going to change your lifestyle, is it?

i think north and south in lower 2 divs makes sense, as for players wages clubs should say we refuse to talk with agents,and only talk with the player, wont be easy but if all lower clubs do this it would work

We would be lower half of Div 3 south at the moment and I would imagine that our attendendances would be lower than they are now.
Which would easily negate any travel cost savings.
As for big away following, most of them are northern

I dont believe our attendances would be any lower , in fact with more derby games, COL UWE, BORIENT , BRENTFORD, ETC, i would think there would be an up turn in attendances,As for being a lower half team ,well that would be upto management to address,

Yes i agree with the fact that players in premiership are overpaid and this is ruining the sport, but its the same with other sports,basketball, tennis etc.Ive always been of the opinion that if clubs like MAN UTD, MAN CTY, CHELSEA ,ARSENAL , ETC want to be a part of a European League , let them go, our game here wont die, in fact i think it would prosper, wages being less ,more opportunity for local talent ,as many overseas players wont want to play here as wages wouldnt be good enough . I wonder how long there so called Europen league would prosper.

The problem for me would be four coming down, and only two going up from North and South (as it is in the conference at the moment). So champions only promoted, next four in the play offs. Two out of 24 promoted instead of 4 out of 24. Look at Luton stuck in the confernece finding it bloody hard to get out.

DoDtS

Cheltenham would be Division 3 South and they bought 84 fans. Division 4 clubs might benefit slightly from it, but can you imagine the Sheffield clubs being keen to vote for trips to Accrington and Morecambe?

I suppose travelling costs would be marginally lower, but going regional wouldn't revolutionise the budget of lower league teams. If it was that significant a factor I'm sure we'd have seen the Conference go regional.

DAD of dave the Shrimper , 4 would also be promoted, the top team from each division plus 2 more from the knockout stage of teams finishing 2nd to 5 th in each division.I still believe its something the powers that be should look into . Anything that can help lower division clubs survive can only be a good thing

With the state of many clubs finances, do you think that taking a step backwards may help. By this i mean going back to the days of the old 3rd division South and North.By doing this it would generate more local derbies ,which mean higher attendances ,more revenue. Also less travel and no over night stays so saving on Hotel bills for the club.Also save some money on travel for the supporters.It would mean the now 4th division would be made defunct as it would with the 3rd division amalgamyed into the 3rd STH and 3rd NTH, as for promotion and relegation, well the team form each division that finishes top gets automatic promotion and the teams finishing 2nd to 5th in each division play off on a knockout basis, 2nd STH v 5 th NTH etc etc. the conference league could aslo become a NORTH AND SOUTH. Therefore the 2 bottom teams in each 3rd division get relegated and the two top from conference promoted. As for the playoffs ,with the final to be played at Wembley they would also geneate much need revenue for the clubs concerned also, all legs to be played on a home and away basis.
I may be mad ,but what are your thoughts!!!
I think you probably are mad !!!!!!

Back