• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Going, going... gone!!!

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
So, big rebuild job for Sol. It will be interesting to see who else leaves before end Jan. Latest rumour on Twitter (Echo) is Isaac Hutchinson could go...

Only 8 players under contract post 2019/20 season. Out of the players up for renewal end of this season I’d keep only Elvis and Macca, oh and possibly Sam Barratt the rest can go. Lennon and Ralph can also go from the contracted players for next season.

thoughts on this anyone?

Gone
Andre Blackman
Ethan Hamilton
Layton Ndukwu
Simon Cox
Tom Hopper
Theo Robinson

Going
Rob Kiernan
Liam Ridgewell
Stephen Humphrys
Isaac Hutchinson

Out of contract end of the season
Elvis Bwomono*
John White*
Joe Shaughnessy*
Rob Howard*
Tom Clifford
Richard Taylor
Mark Milligan*
Stephen McLaughlin
Sam Mantom*
Timothee Dieng*
Luke Hyam*
Sam Barratt
Lewis Gard
Michael Klass*
Harry Phillips

so that leaves only this lot under contract next season (20/21 season)

Mark Oxley**
Nathan Bishop**
Jason Demetriou**
Harry Lennon
Harry Kyprianou
Nathan Ralph**
Charlie Kelman
Brandon Goodship**

* option to 2021
** option to 2022

Is Ralph on a lot of money? If he isn't I wouldn't mind seeing how he copes a division down before getting rid of him.

All of these choices will be down to Sol Campbell and Ron, but I'll go for an unpopular view by opting to keep Joe Shaughnessy, Harry Lennon and my strongest 'keep' would be Nathan Ralph. I believe all three have the necessary skill to do a job for us in FL2 when fully fit and on their game. Not surprisingly I don't want to keep Milligan but he may have something in his contract on the coaching front.

All of these choices will be down to Sol Campbell and Ron, but I'll go for an unpopular view by opting to keep Joe Shaughnessy, Harry Lennon and my strongest 'keep' would be Nathan Ralph. Ibelieve all three have the necessary skill to do a job for us in FL2 when fully fit and on their game. Not surprisingly I don't want to keep Milligan but he may have something in his contract on the coaching front.

Lennon has the skills for L2, but his bones are made of dried pasta. Get rid and get someone in who can play at least 30games a season.

I wonder if Milligan would want to take up the Managers position at Western Sydney Wanderers? Or anywhere but here doing anything really.
I’ve got a job going, but I’m not confident he’d be up to it. Still, if it helped out SUFC I’d suck it up :Smile:

I'm another one going for an unpopular view but I'm going to say that I think Milligan will have a decent end to the season.

I saw him have his best game against Tranmere and my mate who went to Accrington said that he was excellent and it was his best game of the season by far.

All of these choices will be down to Sol Campbell and Ron, but I'll go for an unpopular view by opting to keep Joe Shaughnessy, Harry Lennon and my strongest 'keep' would be Nathan Ralph. Ibelieve all three have the necessary skill to do a job for us in FL2 when fully fit and on their game. Not surprisingly I don't want to keep Milligan but he may have something in his contract on the coaching front.
How shaughnessy?? Seriously? The guy cant kick a ball straight and should be playing non league! Awful signing get rid!!

How shaughnessy?? Seriously? The guy cant kick a ball straight and should be playing non league! Awful signing get rid!!
I did say it may be an unpopular choice, but I genuinely believe there's a decent footballer in there which may become visible in FL2.

Mark Oxley**
Nathan Bishop**
Jason Demetriou**
Harry Lennon
Harry Kyprianou
Nathan Ralph**
Charlie Kelman
Brandon Goodship**

* option to 2021
** option to 2022

Happy with that. Id lose Oxley, Lennon, Ralph, maybe Demetriou too without breaking sweat. I reckon a couple of those with expiring contracts may be worth a new offer too.

No i disagree! If u get paid to play football you should definitely be able to kick a ball straight lol

Wonder if Campbell wanted someone to go and Ron says NO they are part of the future who would win ......:Smile:

Interesting.

If Sol doesn’t want someone to play, he won’t play them. Ron can only interfere so much.

And at the end of the day, if the right offer comes in, then we’ll all know that Ron won’t turn it down forever.

Let’s see if Hutchinson plays tomorrow.

Back