• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Going through the garage

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
was looking for something in the garage earlier when I stumbled upon my parents old LP collection after telling them they said they dont want them so sell them.

I will post on here what I have found but the first one I picked up was an original Sgt Peppers LP

are these kind of things worth any money?

Well there are Sgt Pepper LP's going for £100 + on ebay, and there is an original for £300!

How many do you reckon you have altogether?

Whats the best course of action you think mate?

Keep 'em, Scott. Vinyl is on its way back, and they will only appreciate over time. But move them out of the garage and into somewhere dry to protect the sleeves, and make sure they are stored vertical and not flat. Never got rid of mine and still listen to them a lot.

1320.gif

Last edited:
yeah keep them, if they're in good nick then they'll only increase in value (assuming that they're worth something now). Discogs is a good place to get an idea of value.

With Beatles LPs you'll need to check the catalogue number. Also make sure you keep them upright (don't stack them).

Just remember, Sgt Peppers sold hundreds of thousands, even millions of copies. Before you get a chubby, it's more likely to be a repress. I once found "Loaded" by the Velvet Underground at a car boot and nearly passed out thinking I'd struck gold, turned out it was a 2nd repress or something and only worth about £20.

Get them indoors, buy a record box or something for them and appreciate them for the nostalgia.

Don't ever put them on eBay, you'll get scammed silly. Likewise don't take to a dealer, they'll offer you next to nothing.

If you're THAT certain they're worth cash, buy the Record Collector's Price Guide (http://www.vinylrecords.co.uk/RecordCollectorPriceGuide.html) and double check against catalogue numbers etc.

http://www.leigh-records.co.uk/

This guy will be able to help you decide which are the most valuable. In my experience trying to value old vinyl is time consuming and this guy can help you sort the wheat from the chaff. At least you'll know what's worth hanging on to.

I wouldn't know mate, gotta be a couple of hundred at least IF it is an original press. Like I said earlier someone is selling an Near Mint original for £300 on ebay but have you to take into account fee's the seller would have to pay in that price.

Back