• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Ok, now I love the His Dark Materials trilogy books - they are, to me, three of the best books ever written, full of imagination, style and passion. They make Harry Potter look like bad Ladybird books.

I'm am curious to see what Hollywood has made of them, but worried that they'll royally fug them up as they're pretty much athiestic books and I can't see Republican Christian America letting that pass, as they've cost over $200M....

Thoughts?

I would be interested too as Mrs FS wants to see it.

Apparently the book has a sad ending, but Hollywood didn't want that so they ended the film before the end of the book, on a happy Note so that they could make a sequel if it took off.

Book 3 will be VERY problematic if you know the story!

I watched a six hour play of all three books awhile back - for all the film's CGI it'll have to go some to beat that.

read the books.. brilliant. my sister went to that production MK and she said it was stunning.

ive heard the film is ok, a little watered down, the script is weak and the cgi is good in places but bad in others. i'll definitely watch it and hopefully it will make enough to finance the next two films.

a brilliant trilogy and i love how its only now that some christians (not all) are going nuts about it, seeing as the books have been out for ages and are often studied at school!

I'd imagine they'll be given a very wide berth in teh States as the righteous Christian right out there holds a great deal of sway when it comes to instilling it's morals on the general population.

On the flip side the publicity the story lines will get may entice more to go and see what all the fuss is about but I wouldn't hold my breath.

My beloved is a massive fine . From reviews i knw they 1) reduced the relationshyip withe the Daemons (??) 2) Reducded is attack on instatuded relgion However they kept the sad ending !!

My beloved is a massive fine . From reviews i knw they 1) reduced the relationshyip withe the Daemons (??) 2) Reducded is attack on instatuded relgion However they kept the sad ending !!

Don't think they did Ozy.... they ended it before a certain character was killed by another character, which opens the door to book 2. Didn't want to end the film on a "downer" as American audiences like a "happy ending".

i enjoyed it. not much substance to it.alot cut,but enjoyable. annoyed bunch of ****s behind us who chatted throughout the entire movie. and they said at one point they should have bought a pirate copy and watch it at home. not that i agree with piracy but i wish they had!

Back