• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_Shrimp

First XI
Last night I heard an argument going on outside my flat. Now this is fairly normal as there is a late mini market benath my flat and is often freqented by drunk, eastern europeans.

Anyway this one was between a bloke and a girl. He was shouting at her about talking to some other bloke in the pub and she was trying to assure him that there was nothing to it but he (being very drunk) was not having any of it.

I looked out of my window to see what was going on and saw this bloke smack the girl full on in the face. She went down with blood pouring out whilst he stood over her still shouting. I ran down stairs to see if she was alright. This bloke took offence to me helping her and took a swing at me which I managed to avoid. Wasn't that hard as he had trouble standing. He then ran at me and somehow I managed to duck and send him over my shoulder and crashing to the ground. I then knelt on him holding his arms behind his back. The guy from the mini mart called the police who arrived and took control of the thug. He then accused me of assaulting him which the witnesses present confirmed my story.

Anyhow, I had the police in my flat taking a statement and they asked whether I would be willing to give evidence should it go to court. I said yes of course I would. I got told today that the girl is not pressing charges so nothing will happen. Why do these people put themselves through this. He done it once he will surely do it again.

Why help? Yes I would do it again and I am now thinking whether to press charges myself as he attempted to assault me, but again that will now doubt go nowhere. When I had him on the floor, I wanted to kick the daylights out of him, but didn't as its not right.

I ask you, why get involved as you can get in more bother than you need. I suppose that we are human and it is a natural reaction, but god why bother??

good moves lol but seriously crime is on its ****. My brothers car was broken into after 5 days of him passing his test. The police cant do much and our insurance isnt worth using as it will be cheaper to repair the window and the door. Just sickens me that a crime has been commited and we're left clearing it up:(

I'd find that bloke and smash his ****ing head in! Especially now that she's not pressing the charges.

Actually, it all depends if the girls worth it. You defiently did the right thing, top job man. Just a shame some people out there don't seem to want to stop this kind of thing. It's true, if they have done it once, they won't be afraid to do it again.

The police should be able to do this person for GBH, without the girl pressing charges. Surely they should be clamping down on this anyway?

The world sickens me. I don't want to imagine what it's going to be like in 10 years time. :(

The police should be able to do this person for GBH, without the girl pressing charges. Surely they should be clamping down on this anyway?

The world sickens me. I don't want to imagine what it's going to be like in 10 years time. :(

It would be Assault occ ABH. As to whether the Police can proscecute without a complainant- erm. I'm not sure, but it would make it awkward.

Surely if someone hits someone else, they should be punished? Even if the other person doesn't want to push charges.

People who commit crimes and get away with it are more likely to do it again. Stop it the first time round, even if people don't wish to press charges.

Just to let you know one of the main reasons the abused partner do not press charges is usually out of fear.

However be assured that if such incident happens again between the same parties and the police get involved then the police are now able to press charges without the consent of the abused.

Just to let you know one of the main reasons the abused partner do not press charges is usually out of fear.

However be assured that if such incident happens again between the same parties and the police get involved then the police are now able to press charges without the consent of the abused.

Yes mate I agree and don't blame her but its still crap, but hey thats life

Why help? Yes I would do it again and I am now thinking whether to press charges myself as he attempted to assault me, but again that will now doubt go nowhere. When I had him on the floor, I wanted to kick the daylights out of him, but didn't as its not right.

1st of all, well played!!

2nd of all, do it, press charges!!

3rd of all, ****ING hell, what a ****!!

I'd find that bloke and smash his ****ing head in! Especially now that she's not pressing the charges.

Actually, it all depends if the girls worth it. You defiently did the right thing, top job man. Just a shame some people out there don't seem to want to stop this kind of thing. It's true, if they have done it once, they won't be afraid to do it again.

Jay, thanks I did have the hump with you for the neg rep comment on my Dr Who statement, but hey you are human!!!!

Very honourbale thing you did there Andy. My nephew is a paramedic and some of the things he describes about arguments between couples is frightening, although it seems a lot of the time the woman causes just as much damage! Domestic violence is however on the decline i understand but teenage gang and yob violence is rapidly increasing and i fear more and more of todays youth are arming themselves when they go out either in fear of attack or to cause damage. We will soon be living like Americans, murders left right and centre, with nearly everyone armed.

Jay, thanks I did have the hump with you for the neg rep comment on my Dr Who statement, but hey you are human!!!!

I don't remember neg repping you about any Dr Who, but hey ho. Let's not send this thread of track like many other threads around here!

:finger:

Bob Cratchitt said:

Understood, but surely it'd be better to punish someone first time round for their actions, instead of letting them get away with it again?! :minger: I'm not moaning at you or anything, just in one of those moods. :D

Understood, but surely it'd be better to punish someone first time round for their actions, instead of letting them get away with it again?! :minger: I'm not moaning at you or anything, just in one of those moods. :D

True but the thing is will the case hold up in court?? The CPS and the police need to ensure that there is a case before they proceed with the prosecution. So if this is first time this person as been involved with the police for such actions then the chance of a conviction is miniscule. As the defence lawyers can use the line that it was a one off and that he was drunk and under pressure , etc etc. The Judge would be likely to take a lenient stance and threw the case out.

I see exactly where you're coming from.

Shame the worlds like this, what next? :(

The more I think of it I will. Give me a nights sleep and I may just go round the cop shop and make my statement.

Dont bother.. he will buy her a braclet from ratners and tell her he loves her, she will stand up in court and say you instigated an unprovoked attack, the shopkeeper will say he saw nothing as he dosent need any hassle...

Domestic violence is however on the decline i understand

Reported domestic violence may be on the decline

By the way, we're moving house because of the crime where we are. In the last few months, our neighbour's been threatened with a hammer, various cars have been vandalised, someone's thrown some stuff at our window, the old lady a few doors down has had her pension stolen by doorcallers, twice, and last week, one of our other neighbours saw someone looking into their house from the garden, casing the joint. When we put our house up for rent, someone came and said she wanted a look - we said no, not without an appointment - fortunately, she took the hint, but yep, she was going to see what was worth nicking in our gaff if she got in

It's a decent village, but there's a lot of scum, unfortunately

:mad:

But unlike you we did not rave on how wonderful our new home is compared to scumsville that is Southend. I guess next you will be mentioning the weather in Kent every other post. ;)

Back