• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck for tomorrow

bwa

Colchester fan in peace here,

Putting all club rivalry to one side i just wanted to log on tonight to wish you good luck for tomorrow.
As a passionate supporter of over 35 years of Colchester United I know just how this situation could effect any club of our size in the lower divisions, especially in the current economic climate.
The Colchester - Southend rivalry is very passionate on both sides, and our games are always the ones i look out for first when the fixtures are released. I am one of the loudest ones on the terrace (well, i wish we still had terraces!!) when we play, and of course there is no greater feeling than taking 3 points off of you.
Your crisis at the moment though should brimg all true supporters of smaller footbal clubs together, there but for the grace of God and all that......, and i genuinly hope things work out for you.
By reading your forums it seems most likely that this time tomorrow you will be 10 points worse off by this time tomorrow, but i for one hope you recover from that as the derby games are THE games of the season, and a Colchester fixture list without Southend on it is not so attractive, if not just for the guaranteed 6 points this season :net:
By looking from afar I assumed that the reason you have such a small squad this season was Ron Martins way of ensuring enough money was saved to put towards the tax bill, but surely if he had the money he would have paid it by now !!!!
Well as stated, good luck for tomorrow, but come boxing day i again will be singing for my beloved Col Utd at Roots Hall

Cheers fella. Always good to know the rivalry is just banter.
Anyway, Its more like a 4 point deduction as Col U are in the same league;)

Thanks for those words of support bwa.

Now get back to reading your Lionel Penrose books :whistling:

Thank you BWA, your right our rivalry is purely about performances on the field if this situ was reversed then rest assured many on here would be in support of your plight. thank you once again until we meet upon that field.

Good luck today you lot (another Col U fan in peace)

As much as I would love to finish above you lot, win the derby's etc - I don't wish admin, points deduction on you.

Hope today (and beyond) goes ok - but in the same way our fans truly united when Lamb**** left us, I'm certain you'll all do the same.

We have a lot in common, both have loyal and passionate fans, with lower league teams, punching above our respective weights. We are United, you are United - rivalries asise - today, at least we as fans of Essex football are truly United.

Colchester fan in peace here,

Putting all club rivalry to one side i just wanted to log on tonight to wish you good luck for tomorrow.
As a passionate supporter of over 35 years of Colchester United I know just how this situation could effect any club of our size in the lower divisions, especially in the current economic climate.
The Colchester - Southend rivalry is very passionate on both sides, and our games are always the ones i look out for first when the fixtures are released. I am one of the loudest ones on the terrace (well, i wish we still had terraces!!) when we play, and of course there is no greater feeling than taking 3 points off of you.
Your crisis at the moment though should brimg all true supporters of smaller footbal clubs together, there but for the grace of God and all that......, and i genuinly hope things work out for you.
By reading your forums it seems most likely that this time tomorrow you will be 10 points worse off by this time tomorrow, but i for one hope you recover from that as the derby games are THE games of the season, and a Colchester fixture list without Southend on it is not so attractive, if not just for the guaranteed 6 points this season :net:
By looking from afar I assumed that the reason you have such a small squad this season was Ron Martins way of ensuring enough money was saved to put towards the tax bill, but surely if he had the money he would have paid it by now !!!!
Well as stated, good luck for tomorrow, but come boxing day i again will be singing for my beloved Col Utd at Roots Hall

Don't take this the wrong way but accepting support from the scum? over my dead body fella! I would rather be stabbed in the face with a letter opener.

Thank you and goodnight

terry.jpg

Thanks to both Colchester fans for your support. I for one would be offering the same if the boot were on the other foot and I think these episodes have bought home to real football fans that this could happen to any of our clubs at any time.

Wouldn't go that far but it's nice of both of their fans to come on here to offer their support :D

From any other club yes but from your arch rivals? this is what's wrong with football these days too family orientated and happy clappy - when I went to Olympic Marseille last year and watched them play at the vellodrome atmosphere was awesome and you did not need 'family's' there. I just feel the English game has become a bit metro-sexual and needs to be more of a mans game!

Each to their own though.

Don't take this the wrong way but accepting support from the scum? over my dead body fella! I would rather be stabbed in the face with a letter opener.

Thank you and goodnight

terry.jpg

My sentiments are true. As a lifelong Colchester fan I love the rivalry between our 2 teams and of course nothing beats beating yourselves, or seeing that you have lost a game whilst we have won a game.
Today goes past that, its about fans of small teams sticking together, celebrating the magic that is supporting your local team whilst appreciating that there are others who support similar sized teams, and feeling the heartache that would be there should their team dissapear.
To all genuine football as well as southend fans, I hope today goes your way and if after th ejudgement there is anything to be gained by it, i will donate £20 into your fighting fund.
Today, for me anyway, the rivalry goes out of the window................ however to keep trueblue happy, i hope for his sake that Big Ron has raised all of the money bar £50 and the only thing the administrators need to sell is his seat, so that he has to sit all season on a sharp spike

seriously, good luck guys and lets hope football is the winner today

My sentiments are true. As a lifelong Colchester fan I love the rivalry between our 2 teams and of course nothing beats beating yourselves, or seeing that you have lost a game whilst we have won a game.
Today goes past that, its about fans of small teams sticking together, celebrating the magic that is supporting your local team whilst appreciating that there are others who support similar sized teams, and feeling the heartache that would be there should their team dissapear.
To all genuine football as well as southend fans, I hope today goes your way and if after th ejudgement there is anything to be gained by it, i will donate £20 into your fighting fund.
Today, for me anyway, the rivalry goes out of the window................ however to keep trueblue happy, i hope for his sake that Big Ron has raised all of the money bar £50 and the only thing the administrators need to sell is his seat, so that he has to sit all season on a sharp spike

seriously, good luck guys and lets hope football is the winner today

Sorry but I must be honest If Colchester were in this position I would be re-leaving myself all over my lunchtime steak celebration meal.

No need to be sorry Trueblue - takes all sorts - to be honest if you lot were struggling down in relegation places because of what happens on the pitch I would take more than a little pleasure from it - if you were relegated I would be slightly gutted to miss out on a Derby but would get over it enough to raise a chuckle.

But, I wouldn't want any of that to happen because of admin and points deduction - I just don't think it's right/fair for the fans - same as I said for Stockport, Luton, Southampton etc etc.

I love the rivalry - been following U's for over 25 years and seen some proper Derbys with action both on and off the pitch - perhaps age has mellowed me (no idea how you are but I am assume you are still young) but I can't be doing the "hatred" thing anymore - I know quite a few Southend fans and like me, they love football and they love their club.

And as for your last comment about "re-leaving yourself over your lunchtime steak" i think you've proved in every sense of the word that it's you that is the ******!

No need to be sorry Trueblue - takes all sorts - to be honest if you lot were struggling down in relegation places because of what happens on the pitch I would take more than a little pleasure from it - if you were relegated I would be slightly gutted to miss out on a Derby but would get over it enough to raise a chuckle.

But, I wouldn't want any of that to happen because of admin and points deduction - I just don't think it's right/fair for the fans - same as I said for Stockport, Luton, Southampton etc etc.

I love the rivalry - been following U's for over 25 years and seen some proper Derbys with action both on and off the pitch - perhaps age has mellowed me (no idea how you are but I am assume you are still young) but I can't be doing the "hatred" thing anymore - I know quite a few Southend fans and like me, they love football and they love their club.

And as for your last comment about "re-leaving yourself over your lunchtime steak" i think you've proved in every sense of the word that it's you that is the ******!

Fancy a steak meal?

Glad it all worked out today for you guys...... Seriously.
Much As I love being rivals with you guys I can't begin to imagine life without my beloved col utd and I wouldn't wish you lot to be without your team.
I think you lot should all go out and celebrate tonight, go and get ****ed but take my advice and stay clear of trueblues steaks ;)
must say I'm looking forward to Friday when we can resume normal service and I can tell you to go and play with your caravans and your sisters while you tell me to go and shag some sheep :'(
seriously though glad it's good news for you guys :clap:

Glad it all worked out today for you guys...... Seriously.
Much As I love being rivals with you guys I can't begin to imagine life without my beloved col utd and I wouldn't wish you lot to be without your team.
I think you lot should all go out and celebrate tonight, go and get ****ed but take my advice and stay clear of trueblues steaks ;)
must say I'm looking forward to Friday when we can resume normal service and I can tell you to go and play with your caravans and your sisters while you tell me to go and shag some sheep :'(
seriously though glad it's good news for you guys :clap:

Cheers, appreciate your post, the situation is not good as , even if we seem to have escaped this time, you never know what is round the corner. If Mr Cowling was to head back to his beloved Upton Park you may find yourselves in a similar state as would most lower league clubs, especially as the Premiershite clubs offer no support to the small clubs like ours --- all they would do is nick the best players for as little as poss.

See you Boxing Day where we will do our best to abuse you , your team and all your players.

Yours sincerely

Ken Mcnasty.

Back