• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good Luck to All Shrimpers from All Cobblers Fans

Saint

Hi Guys and Girls

Good luck for today. I for one sympathise with your near miss. Following the heartbreak of last year, I'm desperate that we put it right this year, but if we don't, then good luck to you guys. You have been by far the best team out of the four of us left over the course of the season, I hate Lincoln, and the Maccs just don't seem good enough. So either us or you, hopefully us, enjoy yourselves this afternoon and lets hope we give you no more goals from corners !

All the best.

Thanks mate
smile.gif

Good luck to you all too - I watched Linc v Macc yesterday and neither of them seemed anything special, they have been consistent though and thats all it takesI'd say we're the two better teams though - shame this isnt the final! God only knows how many Macc would take to Cardiff... in one way I hope they get there (with us) as 20000 Shrimpers would have no trouble drowning them out!

Good luck today though, I've got everything crossed for us... lets hope its not resting on some bad decisions from officials this time like it was for you last year!

Spiff

so far this season in the playoffs no one has one away yet.
fingers crossed lets hope todays the day.

Cheers Saint, just as long as whoever comes off worse doesn't have any grudges about it (ahem, Grimsby and Swansea...)

Well, a dour dull game, we were sh*te, and you guys did your job. Not surprising I suppose after we lost the home leg 2-0 last year that we were so cautious, but extremely disappointing. Lets face it guys, it can only get better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saint @ May 15 2005,19:55)]Well, a dour dull game, we were sh*te, and you guys did your job. Not surprising I suppose after we lost the home leg 2-0 last year that we were so cautious, but extremely disappointing. Lets face it guys, it can only get better.
Probably quite a fair reflection. Felt a little bit guilty bringing six mates down the pub to watch it.

After all the talk of the various merits of both teams, I think you'd struggle to find evidence for any of these following that. McGleish, as is cusotmary, missed a handful against us, Kirk barely turned up, Low looked dangerous at times but was subbed and Smith wasn't fully fit.

For us, Gower put in one good cross, Bramble played most of the game with an injury to be replaced by an unfit looking Dudfield and Eastwood lacked any sort of quality service.

Not much to call between the sides but we'd definitely be happier with it.

still think u guys have a good chance in fact, hope I'm wrong but all the best! I lived inNpton for 16 years so i took plenty of stick over the years with your 4-0 away wins etc! Cheers
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saint @ May 15 2005,19:55)]Well, a dour dull game, we were sh*te, and you guys did your job. Not surprising I suppose after we lost the home leg 2-0 last year that we were so cautious, but extremely disappointing. Lets face it guys, it can only get better.
Pretty spot on there...

Lets hope for a great game at the Hall

[b said:
Quote[/b] (piersend @ May 15 2005,20:14)]still think u guys have a good chance in fact, hope I'm wrong but all the best! I  lived inNpton for 16 years so i took plenty of stick over the years with your 4-0 away wins etc! Cheers
tounge.gif
It's a close call, it's not suprising we still feel confident as you put very little pressure on what has been a very shaky defence, hey football fans are supposed to feel confident and I suppose haveing come back from a 2-0 home defeat last year todays result doesn't look that bad. Footballs not that simple though, and you'll definitely score so lets see what happens, I'm sure it will be the opposite of today, open and attractive, a great advert for 2 excellent football teams, most second legs are like that. Let the best team win.

Back