• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck to Germany-Bundesliga

ozzie

Manager
Never thought i would write this after all thats gone on for me here in Germany.
But good luck to German football this weekend.
IF,IF all goes well,that should be better news for all football fans everywhere.
When you listen to UK radio,tv etc it seems all so negative-depressing about that over hyped Premier league.

In Germany, nearly every politicians,fans etc are all behind this,so fingers crossed.
Im sure there are some sad people who hope it flops,time will tell.
Seems the German third division will not kick-off this month,if at all,we will soon find out if our (English) third and fourth divisions will restart.
Keep healthy

I get the point, but football will return sooner or later.
Germany were always ahead in the 'curve'. We're, sorry, make that the Prem, following in June it seems.
Can't see any relevance between the fortunes of Bayern Munich and SUFC in the current situation.
As it stands, the EFL want to relegate us asap.

There is no relevance between Bayern and us,sorry,did not think i wrote-ment that.
Its just about football coming back

Indeed really hope this goes well this weekend and intend to watch a couple of games for my fix of football that has been missed a great deal.

Took in a game at the Olympic Stadium when in Berlin which I really enjoyed so have so followed Hertha from a distance since. Unfortunately they are not that good but it is not as if I am not used to seeing the team I support loose.

Well I have missed football so may watch one of the games being shown on BT today. Not sure which one yet.

Who gives a **** - I know I don`t :Thumbs down:
Have to say that I really didn't. Still probably don't. But I DID enjoy the live football with a 4-0 win for Borussia Dortmund. Perhaps I was spoiled by the goals.

Interesting seeing the players muscle memory kicking in when they scored goals as they continually wheeled away in front of the stands! :-)

Also a little odd, but still strangely almost natural, hearing the "1-0 to the ?Superblues?" / Go West theme tune ringing out in the stadium after each goal. Did make for a slightly less sterile experience.

Wasn't as bad as I'd feared an empty stadium environment might have been.

Seems all has gone very well so far.
John,been often to Berlin, its a great city,Olympic stadium.
Saw Nürnberg win the German FA cup 2007 there
But even better was watching England win both games 2-1 and 3-2.
Berlin is a great city,but IMO, it was far more exciting when it was East and West
Lets hope English Prem league starts soon,but everyday day they seem to find another excuse not wanting to play

Have to say that I really didn't. Still probably don't. But I DID enjoy the live football with a 4-0 win for Borussia Dortmund. Perhaps I was spoiled by the goals.

Interesting seeing the players muscle memory kicking in when they scored goals as they continually wheeled away in front of the stands! :-)

Also a little odd, but still strangely almost natural, hearing the "1-0 to the ?Superblues?" / Go West theme tune ringing out in the stadium after each goal. Did make for a slightly less sterile experience.

Wasn't as bad as I'd feared an empty stadium environment might have been.
Have to agree especially the empty stadium, but I've been watching all afternoon(still am).
Quite enjoyed it to be honest! maybe behind closed doors is not as bad as you first think!

Have been watching on and off but get the impression that without the crowds players are less inclined to feign injury and roll around in agony and hardly any appeals to the referee over decisions given or not given.

Have been watching on and off but get the impression that without the crowds players are less inclined to feign injury and roll around in agony and hardly any appeals to the referee over decisions given or not given.
Good point but if I had to watch Serie A to get my fix I wouldn't bother wasting the electric!
Was worried the games wouldn't be as good after 61 days but was wrong.
Hope all has gone well and We can learn and get back as well.

I noticed that too but I put it down to the fact that this terrible crisis just might have put things into perspective for footballers, and the realisation of how fortunate they are to be in the position they are may have finally sunk in.

Here's hoping

Although it looks like a success when will we know if it has been? Did they test the players post match? Will they then be allowed to go home to their families?

I watched the Dortmund game Saturday, initially disappointed that Sancho wasn't playing but it was a good game.

Going to watch Werder Bremen tonight, only reason is I brought a bulk load of football shirts in Thailand years ago for football training. In my old footy team group chat we have all been given a german team to support and because everyone remember I wore a werder Bremen shirt to training a few times I got the relegation battle.

Even the German third division now hope /planned to start on the 30th may,behind closed doors,im a bit surprised,no fans ,no tv money and unlike Bundesliga 1&2 a bit more dissent
Tomorrow(22/5) a big derby Hertha Berlin v Union,could be worth watching even though no fans,so far so good

Back