• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck to Southend in the playoffs

Toothache

I'm a Southampton fan & like many of us down on the coast remember the last game of last season fondly when you people came down and turned St marys into a party zone.

Talk in one of the boozers last night was centred around who we'll be playing next season and all bar a few were saying that they hope Southend make it up, in the hope that we can have another laugh or two at some point next year!

Many Shrimpers flooded our message board after that game last season to wish us well for the playoffs, so now it's your turn I just wanted to pop on here and say that you're easily amongst the best fans we've had at St Marys since we moved there and and I, like many other Saints fans, wish you well for your 2 games against Donny and hopefully the final.

Come on the shrimpers - come back up!

I'm a Southampton fan & like many of us down on the coast remember the last game of last season fondly when you people came down and turned St marys into a party zone.

Talk in one of the boozers last night was centred around who we'll be playing next season and all bar a few were saying that they hope Southend make it up, in the hope that we can have another laugh or two at some point next year!

Many Shrimpers flooded our message board after that game last season to wish us well for the playoffs, so now it's your turn I just wanted to pop on here and say that you're easily amongst the best fans we've had at St Marys since we moved there and and I, like many other Saints fans, wish you well for your 2 games against Donny and hopefully the final.

I still remember that day very well, one of my best as a Southend supporter.
Well done on staying up.
Hopefully we'll see you next season.

Thanks for that mate much appreciated. We may need more than your "virtual" support if we get to the Final v Leeds though !! Need to drum up all the Any One But Leeds boys and girls out there for a day trip to Wembley. Pass it on !!!!!!

Welcome to the Zone.........Fingers , legs and everything crossed we will be back with you next year..:clap:.

Thanks for that mate much appreciated. We may need more than your "virtual" support if we get to the Final v Leeds though !! Need to drum up all the Any One But Leeds boys and girls out there for a day trip to Wembley. Pass it on !!!!!!

I have a feeling the whole of the country apart from Weeds will be on our side if we make it that far.:)

That was my kids first away game and they loved it. if only all games were like that. Congratulations on staying up. Fingers crossed for the same atmosphere but a different result next season. (Play-offs pending of course)

Rooted for you to stay up, one on the amazing day out and two that my brother lives there. I'm really glad you did it (just) even though the chances are we wont play you next season! I do respect Southampton.

Thanks for the kind words, and welcome!

Just a thought, if any Southampton fans wish to join us at Wembley (MASSIVE IF, if we get there (we may well not get there)) then I'm sure many of us will be screaming our hearts out to back the boys. Especially in the singing section. I'm sure you Southampton fans would be more then welcomed!

Last edited:

Thanks very much!

Deeply appreciated and we had a great time at St. Marys, celebrating Alan Ball with his family there, singing & the game too!

Dash
:clap:

Saints fans cheering on the Shrimpers is pretty much a given, whether or not any of us will be at the final (if you get there) is another thing as surely if that happens all the Johnny Come Latelys in your catchment area will jump on the bandwagon & have a day out at Wembley?

I can remember back in 91/92 or something when we fluked our way to the old Zenith Data Systems cup final (remember that!?!?). The home game beforehand at the Dell - 12,000 turned up. The final at Wembley? 35,000 'Saints fans' managed to find their way up the M3. The home game after saw the attendance drop straight back down to 12/13k again.

Wembleys a great excuse to put the Man Utd scarfs in the draw for a weekend and remember where you actually live, so if indeed you get there I think you'll sell your allocation. We'll all have to watch on telly.

Never thought I'd ever cheer on a team in blue, but there ya go!

Back