• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After just two competitive games it is obvious that there are many fans who are bemoaning the situation and very fearful
of what to expect this season. What the Club desperately needs is a 'Good News Day' to get us talking positively and not either calling for PB's head or calling the team non triers or no hopers.
Any FF news, even sounding positive, would be taken with a pinch of salt and not be sufficient, so really only a new signing is going to change the mood.
I for one would be most excited with the signing of a 6'6" centre half followed by a creative midfielder.
Please let's have something, and quickly, to lift the gloom.

After just two competitive games it is obvious that there are many fans who are bemoaning the situation and very fearful
of what to expect this season. What the Club desperately needs is a 'Good News Day' to get us talking positively and not either calling for PB's head or calling the team non triers or no hopers.
Any FF news, even sounding positive, would be taken with a pinch of salt and not be sufficient, so really only a new signing is going to change the mood.
I for one would be most excited with the signing of a 6'6" centre half followed by a creative midfielder.
Please let's have something, and quickly, to lift the gloom.

The problem is no one believes any statements from the club.

Good news;

1) unless we get Gillingham in the FA cup then we only have to play them once more this season. Hurrah!!!!

2) it looks unlikely we will have to shell out for Simpsons wages. Hurrah!!!!

3) we have a manager with the ability to coach the England squad. Hurrah!!!!

4) my rose tinted glasses only cost £2 from Primani. Hurrah!!!!

Can I hope for anything more?

Errr PB is looking to bring in some real quality in defence!! It is the weakest area of our squad yet it seems to be ignored apart from the desperation acquisition that we made.

Timlin was in reception last night when I collected my tickets.....Says its better than he first thought and is now only 2 weeks away.

Timlin was in reception last night when I collected my tickets.....Says its better than he first thought and is now only 2 weeks away.

Sounds positive. Really could do with him steadying the midfield

For those of the glass half full brigade remember 8 August 2009. I am surrounded by Norwich fans here in Norfolk and they recall that day when Colchester won 7-1 at Carrow Rd on the opening day of the season, the first for City in Div One for 49 years. It all turned out OK in the end after Paul Lambert swopped clubs. Justin Edinburgh any one? Think he would have been good for us.
And on a different manager, have you noticed the fabulous start that Lincoln City have made under the ex Braintree and Rayleigh Fitz teacher and his brother?

It is incredibly difficult to find the positive this week however....... if there is one it is probably that with Gillingham likely to have similar aspirations to us this year it is now clear to everyone early doors that we are woefully short in some areas BUT also that nobody can dispute that there isn't ample time to address it. Over the four or five seasons (even the promotion year) I have felt that many of our results have often been fortuitous and that on many occasions (but for the goalkeeper in 2014/15 and some slim 1-0's) we didn't get what our play would have normally deserved (i.e. a draw at best or loss). The narrow victories papered over the cracks until after Xmas when the quality/depth of our squad and tactics got found out and then it was often too late to do anything remedial to the squad/style of play. The same can't be said this year and for that it might be that we look back on these results against a team (that I think will be a good yardstick for a top 6 finish) as a blessing in disguise - assuming Brown/Martin address the gaps quickly and effectively.

For those of the glass half full brigade remember 8 August 2009. I am surrounded by Norwich fans here in Norfolk and they recall that day when Colchester won 7-1 at Carrow Rd on the opening day of the season, the first for City in Div One for 49 years. It all turned out OK in the end after Paul Lambert swopped clubs. Justin Edinburgh any one? Think he would have been good for us.
And on a different manager, have you noticed the fabulous start that Lincoln City have made under the ex Braintree and Rayleigh Fitz teacher and his brother?

local lad - he would be great would Justin.

Back