• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good news everybody...

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
I'm now a proper teacher! Got signed off this morning from Uni, so no more assignments, observations from uni and working with arsehole mentors, like I did at one school!

:clap:

Well done Hils! Now you'll just have regular observations from your SMT and Governors, as well as the report writing, planning, evaluating and everything else!

Don't you teachers get enough holiday as it is ?? ;)

Congrats anyway Hils :clap:

Behave. I'm at school until the 23rd July, then go back on 1st September. Week holiday in middle of October and then middle of December I have 2 weeks off for xmas.

That is bugger all in my books ;)

Behave. I'm at school until the 23rd July, then go back on 1st September. Week holiday in middle of October and then middle of December I have 2 weeks off for xmas.

Not forgetting all the teacher training days throughout the school year ;)

As for me behaving ?? .. :O thats unlikely i think !!!!!!

Last edited:

13 weeks in total is bugger all? I must remember to "support" teachers next time they're on strike.

Was the title of this thread delivered in the style of Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth?

Oh and well done Hils.

Congratulations Hils, having enjoyed your "cartoons" thread I know you are going to be a great teacher! Where in the class room are you going to hang the SUFC banner?

teacher-emoticon-black-board.gif

Not forgetting all the teacher training days throughout the school year ;)

As for me behaving ?? .. :O thats unlikely i think !!!!!!

We've got a teacher training day on a Saturday in October, which i'm not impressed about. Luckily, were away to Yeovil on that day.

I can understand boys moaning about the holidays and stuff, but what can we do? It's not up to us to plan the school year. County have told us we can finish for the summer on the 18th July, but we've said no and were now working until the 23rd July. We work our **** off during term time. I usually turn up to work, do my 6 hours during school time, then stay for an hour or so, and then do about 4 more hours in the evening planning lessons and producing schemes of work for the students to do, so you can't exactly call me or the rest of us lazy now, can you, when most people just do their 9-5 job and then have the evening off. :nope:

We've got a teacher training day on a Saturday in October, which i'm not impressed about. Luckily, were away to Yeovil on that day.

I can understand boys moaning about the holidays and stuff, but what can we do? It's not up to us to plan the school year. County have told us we can finish for the summer on the 18th July, but we've said no and were now working until the 23rd July. We work our **** off during term time. I usually turn up to work, do my 6 hours during school time, then stay for an hour or so, and then do about 4 more hours in the evening planning lessons and producing schemes of work for the students to do, so you can't exactly call me or the rest of us lazy now, can you, when most people just do their 9-5 job and then have the evening off. :nope:

Well said Hils. That's SO going to be my argument when I qualify to teach and get bitched at. Teachers do more work than most in a day or a week :p

Congrats, by the way!

Back