• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There you go again, believing everything you are told by the controlled media..... Who would the Rich have to persecue if they eradicated the poor....which is seems they are intent on trying their best to.

And who would the work for if there were no rich?

Just so we are clear, are you denying that their are people on benefits who manage to smoke and drink? A yes or no answer will suffice.

A predictable punchline based on wishful thinking rather than reality. People are now more than aware that growth figures are smoke and mirrors. They are also aware that these documentaries are made for white-knuckled, red-faced Daily Mail bigots who enjoy having their prejudices confirmed. 'Righties', I think they're called.

So The Times reports that the IMF has upgraded its growth forecast for the UK. So according to you either The Times or the IMF are lying. Or both.

Nope I am sure there are loads that smoke and drink maybe even eat at times...there choice what they do with their benefits. I am also sure there are thousands of rich people that avoid paying tax and live the life of luxury...

Each to there own, I am not saying abandon the Rich just stop blaming the poor for ever conceivable mishap. They are an easy target, if there was a balance between the two and we saw rip off britain from the other side of the coin then it would make sense.Lets have a few programmes about how much the rich cream out of the system. Oh but that would never happen of course.

BTW it isn't the benefit people who cost so much..it is the elderly.Should we persecute them next? Oh wait the Tories have them in their sites already unless they are rich of course.

I think I may have inadvertently introduced the turn in this thread, but my point was not aimed at any particular group of people. It was about the fact that with an upturn in the economy so interest rates must rise. There will no doubt be a fair few in this country that will feel the pinch even more if wages are stagnant or rise by less than inflation. I have no idea about the private sector, but the public sectors pips are already squeaking.

BTW it isn't the benefit people who cost so much..it is the elderly.Should we persecute them next? Oh wait the Tories have them in their sites already unless they are rich of course.

Don't single out the 'greys' mate, we are dangerous when crossed and we still vote at elections:angry:

It is good news that the economy is back to 2008 levels; it is also good that people are making loads of money. Generally well done to the Tories for sorting part of Gordon Brown's Labour financial nightmare out.
And while I am dishing out the praise how about recognizing that it is Clegg's lot that want to do something for the working poor..............
Why is it that some seem to believe it may be right/fair for them (the lower end workers) to live on a financial edge while the rich, and lawyer/accountant savvy lucky few can ensure they pay the absolute minimum and issue dire "flight if taxed" warnings?

Nope I am sure there are loads that smoke and drink maybe even eat at times...there choice what they do with their benefits. I am also sure there are thousands of rich people that avoid paying tax and live the life of luxury...

Each to there own, I am not saying abandon the Rich just stop blaming the poor for ever conceivable mishap. They are an easy target, if there was a balance between the two and we saw rip off britain from the other side of the coin then it would make sense.Lets have a few programmes about how much the rich cream out of the system. Oh but that would never happen of course.

Well you should know

It is good news that the economy is back to 2008 levels; it is also good that people are making loads of money. Generally well done to the Tories for sorting part of Gordon Brown's Labour financial nightmare out.
And while I am dishing out the praise how about recognizing that it is Clegg's lot that want to do something for the working poor..............
Why is it that some seem to believe it may be right/fair for them (the lower end workers) to live on a financial edge while the rich, and lawyer/accountant savvy lucky few can ensure they pay the absolute minimum and issue dire "flight if taxed" warnings?

There seems to be a generalisation that anyone who is earning a lot of money is a tax dodger which simply isn't the case. Is everyone on benefits a job dodging scrounger? Course not. If people are breaking the law then they should be dealt with accordingly but don't just assume someone who is rich, has managed it by not paying tax. You don't need me to tell you that a bloke earning 80 grand is paying far more tax than a bloke earning 20, as well as being taxed at a higher rate.

Yeah I know MK but we seem to have moved of the main theme of this thread which hopefully is good news for the Country.
How about some of you blokes look on the bright side?

Agreed mate, it is good news but it's not always black & white, left v right.

Back