• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
To lift the spirits a little I can confidently predict that we will win at Burton on Saturday and implore all zoners to 'lump on'. Tomorrow the family embark on our annual October trip to Centre Parcs in Elveden and I cannot recall the Blues ever losing, indeeed we mostly win, when we visit there. I cite Freddy's hat-trick at Chesterfield, Bilel's brace at Crewe etc etc. As I said, lump on....

I sure we could do a whip round and send you there every weekend :winking:

You need to go there when we are playing Morcambe.

It's the oldest trick in the book.
Visit Centre Parcs = avoid defeat.
So simple , yet so effective.
I can't believe we haven't spotted this one before.

I like the Burtons Ground with the away end giving a good view with the bonus of decent food on offer,Albion only average 2000 yet are doing very well.

Wont be going though but predict 1 1.

Touched by the offers/suggestions, kindly remind me when Morecombe away is and I'll see what I can do.....

Enjoyable trip Burton.I think we will do ok and think we may well pick up another away win.

To lift the spirits a little I can confidently predict that we will win at Burton on Saturday and implore all zoners to 'lump on'. Tomorrow the family embark on our annual October trip to Centre Parcs in Elveden and I cannot recall the Blues ever losing, QUOTE] That's Funny, See you there, there will be 4no. SUFC shirts walking about there this weekend. :smile:

Will look out for you Ramsden, will be watching Montenegro game in Sports Bar with a morose Mackem Friday night and me and the boy will be chewing our nails in front of our 'lucky TV' (opp the tots play area) just before final score....

I have to admit that although im not superstitious or one that looks for omens etc, a few years ago I tended to visit a certain pub before home evening games and would normally meet up with a young(ish) lady of my acquaintence. Over a period of a season or two I realised we always won if that ritual was observed and I started thinking nah its just rubbish and then we beat QPR 5-0 that memorable evening, and im beginning to think surely not nah but I was now making a point of seeing said young lady at pub.

Sadly one night we lost so I stopped going to pub and seeing young lady and went to kfc near the bell instead, sadly our losing run carries on to this day.

Sorry about the rambling i'm going back to work now:blush:

Thinking about it we also tend to do well when I'm on holiday or away from home. Last year we won 3-1 twice when I was away for a week. In fact, the season I had a long distance we got our highest points tally in a while (2011/12 season).

We won the play-off final when I was away with the family and was getting text alerts to my dad's phone.

In that case, **** off, and don't come near the Hall again. (I mean that in the nicest possible way of course.)

:hilarious: I also missed the Burton game.

I'm also mising Mansfield and Newport. I might not bother with Fleetwood as we could potentially go 7 unbeaten without me there.

Been on the Shrimperzone coaches four times to away games this season,
Won 3 Lost 1 which was at Chesterfield

We normally do pretty well if I go and watch play away. Daggers last season and Oxford this season. I'm going to Newport and AFC Wimbeldon. We shall see if it continues?

We normally do pretty well if I go and watch play away. Daggers last season and Oxford this season. I'm going to Newport and AFC Wimbeldon. We shall see if it continues?

Blimey, is that still going?

Back