• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is this woman,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Following the lively corporal punishment debate, that change to a parenting discussion, what would the SZ masses do in the same position? Is she a good parent or a bad parent?

Man 'shopped' by mother is jailed

Terence Gaskin had been drinking before the attack, the court heard
A man whose mother shopped him to police after he admitted killing a man has been jailed for four years after pleading guilty to manslaughter.
Terence Gaskin, 19, of no fixed address, was drunk when he carried out the unprovoked attack on 51-year-old father-of-four Kenneth Turnbull.
The victim was found unconscious by police outside the White Lion pub in Darwen, Lancashire, on 11 August.
The judge at Preston Crown Court said the attack was "inexcusable violence".
Jailing him for four years, Judge Anthony Russell QC, said: "This was utterly unprovoked, completely inexcusable violence.
"Your actions were those of a coward, committing an unprovoked attack on a vulnerable person who you and your friends saw as elderly."
At first Gaskin, who was aged 18 at the time, claimed Mr Turnbull had gone for him and claimed self defence. But the incident was caught on CCTV and showed the attack was totally unprovoked.
Gaskin walked up to the older man and, according to the defendant's own friend, "swung for the old guy with his right hand and it looked a fair hard punch which hit the old guy on the face".
His mother said she rang police after he told her: "I've killed someone. They're dead", just hours after attack. He later pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

4 years is a bit leniant isnt it. 4 kids have lost their dad! and the sick **** will prob be out in 2 for good behavior. this punishment system we have really annoys me at times!

deterrents are needed quick.

the guy should have got 8 years if not a tad longer.

right i am to see queen at the 02

have a nice evening all.

Did the right thing on this occasion. But good parent? The evidence would suggest otherwise. She's raised a murderous thug.

A good parent.

But 4 years for cold killing someone, albeit whilst drunk? Should be at least 10 for that, minimum.

To be fair the fact he was of "no fixed address" aged only 19, would suggest to me this was someone who was probably off the rails and whose family had already had enough before this.

Sometimes, you just can't help people who have a kind of self destruct button inbuilt.

Agree, a brave parent.

However, I can't agree that he is a murderer. A cowardly thug, yes - he attacked someone and it appears to be unprovoked. But, if a single punch could murder someone I guess all of us on here could have potentially killed someone in the past (provoked or not) - and certainly wouldn't have intended it.

Agree, a brave parent.

However, I can't agree that he is a murderer. A cowardly thug, yes - he attacked someone and it appears to be unprovoked. But, if a single punch could murder someone I guess all of us on here could have potentially killed someone in the past (provoked or not) - and certainly wouldn't have intended it.

Hence the manslaughter charge rather than murder but he still deserves to spend far longer banged up than 2yrs.

Hence the manslaughter charge rather than murder but he still deserves to spend far longer banged up than 2yrs.

Just a comment following the other postings along the lines of "murdering scum", etc. I think there's a difference between the intended end result of what he did and what a knife carrier would intend.

Agree about longer than 2 years, but that should apply again to any unprovoked attack, resulting in death or not - perhaps thats the only way some will learn.

To be fair the fact he was of "no fixed address" aged only 19, would suggest to me this was someone who was probably off the rails and whose family had already had enough before this.

Sometimes, you just can't help people who have a kind of self destruct button inbuilt.

I don't think we can ALWAYS blame the parent. The fact she shopped him shows me that she might not be one of hose parents that you would expect to bring up a child like this.

I didn't actually mean to quote you, must have been habit ;)

Did the right thing on this occasion. But good parent? The evidence would suggest otherwise. She's raised a murderous thug.

I voted good parent and saw that you're the only person to vote bad. I was interested to see why, and I have to say I think you're right. It depends on what you're basing this on. If, as I did, you base this on the act of shopping her son, then she's a good parent. But the fact that she brought her son up to be of no fixed abode, and a drunk suggests she is indeed a bad parent...

Agree, a brave parent.

Not the way I punch!

Back