• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dloman

Manager
Maybe it is just my age or maybe it is the excitement of seeing a fast paced game played with youthful abandonment but i am finding myself increasingly drawn to showing more interest in watching them than the senior side.

There will be pretty much a full house at Wembley to see exactly the same players who failed miserably to qualify albeit now with different head coach (Superbowl description). But tonight the young lions will also be playing in front of full house in the metropolis that is Southampton against an Irish team they have already comprehensively beaten in Cork.

Even when you look at the probable team for tonight there are at least 3 or 4 who should be gracing their talents with the seniors, lumanaries at the back include Joe Hart, Steven Taylor who has been playing extremely well in a Newcastle defence that is leakier than a Dutch dyke without a little boys finger.

In midfield you have Lennon, remember him? Mark Noble and Tom Huddlestone who now with the help from the Tottenham branch of weightwatchers seems to be fullfilling his undoubted potential.

Then up top you have Sven's catalyst yes the one and only Theo Walcott the man with pace to burn and the perfect stage to do it. So roll on tonight as for me Wembley tomorrow is definately 2nd choice.

Last edited:
Not sure Hart's going to be the answer to the first team's keeping woes, and i think Taylor is going to be a typical Newcastle defender, but I do like the look of our midfield. Huddlestone and Noble looks a nicely balanced combo, and Lennon should easily be in the firsts.

Anybody know if the England u19 game is being televised?

I wouldn't mind having a look at Hal Robson-Kanu.

Back