• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Goodbye to the South Lower

Robbo

South Upper miserabilist
Having been (quite rightly) censured by Uxbridge Shrimper last week for implying that another poster's views meant that he was a :censored: , I'm going to have to be careful with this one.

I would just like to say goodbye to the South Lower before my transfer to East Reds for next season. Although I've enjoyed my time there I feel that it's now time to move to pastures new. I'll be sad to leave but on the other hand there are several reasons to call it a day:

• the miserable :censored: who sits next to me
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me and his annoying moustache
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who always leaves a few minutes before the final whistle regardless of the state of the game
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who at the start of the second half yesterday returned to his seat and nearly had a nervous breakdown because my eight-year old son was mistakenly standing on his chair. I told off my son, told my son to move and apologised to the afore-mentioned miserable :censored: but he still made a big show of wiping the non-existent dirt from the seat before sitting down. Thanks, you miserable :censored: , for making my son feel bad
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who I don't think has ever expressed any joy in any achievement of any Southend player or team but is all too keen to moan and complain at every opportunity
Anyway, rant over. Obviously, if I can't change my seats for the Doncaster game on Friday I was only joking, you miserable :censored:, and I'm sure your wife/girlfriend/civil partner finds your moustache very fetching!

Well put!! :clap: You could always follow him to the loos & **** him!! That might make him see sense as well as stars!!:dizzy:

I'm really lucky where I sit. Behind me is my friend & Godson, who I've moved away from to the row in front (due to needing a quieter row by the aisle, because of my leg being plaster!)

The bloke next to me has become a friend & has given me his Season card when he's been working. I take his son(s) when he can't go.

The couple next to him are really friendly & brought god knows how many hot cross buns with them to share.

The family in front of me are a grin, especially when the husband gets really worked up to the point where about a dozen of us all go oooooh handbags!! Yesterday they brought bucks fizz (fizzy orange! ;) ) for half time for everybody to share. To top it off we've all been invited to an end of season party by these people.

Next to them are another couple who are fairly quiet, but they come out with the odd gem & are very friendly!

I may not have the greatest of seats (they're an ok view) but I wouldn't want to sit anywhere else! When I first bought my season ticket, I was worried I might sit next to a right :censored: like poor Robbo.

I know I'm slightly guilty of :hijack: but i thought it might give him hope!!

Good Luck Robbo!

Its joy to sit so near to Tinkerbell, Apesy, Mr Tinkerbell and co.....even if there was a lot of chatter coming from that area on Saturday....lol

Its joy to sit so near to Tinkerbell, Apesy, Mr Tinkerbell and co.....even if there was a lot of chatter coming from that area on Saturday....lol

Have you ever tried to shut Tinkerbell up? You've got more chance of getting a BJ of the Queen!!

BTW, I think my avatar is superb!! ;)

Having been (quite rightly) censured by Uxbridge Shrimper last week for implying that another poster's views meant that he was a :censored: , I'm going to have to be careful with this one.

I would just like to say goodbye to the South Lower before my transfer to East Reds for next season. Although I've enjoyed my time there I feel that it's now time to move to pastures new. I'll be sad to leave but on the other hand there are several reasons to call it a day:
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who always leaves a few minutes before the final whistle regardless of the state of the game
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who at the start of the second half yesterday returned to his seat and nearly had a nervous breakdown because my eight-year old son was mistakenly standing on his chair. I told off my son, told my son to move and apologised to the afore-mentioned miserable :censored: but he still made a big show of wiping the non-existent dirt from the seat before sitting down. Thanks, you miserable :censored: , for making my son feel bad
  • the miserable :censored: who sits next to me who I don't think has ever expressed any joy in any achievement of any Southend player or team but is all too keen to moan and complain at every opportunity
Anyway, rant over. Obviously, if I can't change my seats for the Doncaster game on Friday I was only joking, you miserable :censored:, and I'm sure your wife/girlfriend/civil partner finds your moustache very fetching!

Nice!

Lmao!

Come join us decent fans in K Block South Lower, when men are men, the women are close to equals & the kids roam free!

I have always found the direct approach of; 'sit down you miserable man/*** and try and enjoy the game for once' with a smile/grimace helps.

Never be afraid to speak your mind and next time make sure your child does these things while he cannot see, before the game etc!

Life is for living, the miserable should end theirs' sooner lol!

Dash

I was in block "L" yesterday, must of been right near you! Where you the one abusing Hooper all the match :D

Well put!! :clap: You could always follow him to the loos & **** him!! That might make him see sense as well as stars!!:dizzy:

I'm really lucky where I sit. Behind me is my friend & Godson, who I've moved away from to the row in front (due to needing a quieter row by the aisle, because of my leg being plaster!)

The bloke next to me has become a friend & has given me his Season card when he's been working. I take his son(s) when he can't go.

The couple next to him are really friendly & brought god knows how many hot cross buns with them to share.

The family in front of me are a grin, especially when the husband gets really worked up to the point where about a dozen of us all go oooooh handbags!! Yesterday they brought bucks fizz (fizzy orange! ;) ) for half time for everybody to share. To top it off we've all been invited to an end of season party by these people.

Next to them are another couple who are fairly quiet, but they come out with the odd gem & are very friendly!

I may not have the greatest of seats (they're an ok view) but I wouldn't want to sit anywhere else! When I first bought my season ticket, I was worried I might sit next to a right :censored: like poor Robbo.

I know I'm slightly guilty of :hijack: but i thought it might give him hope!!

Good Luck Robbo!

You lucky bugger!!

I use the C word alot but people dont seem to mind too much! ( luckily! )

I sit with the likes of The Flying Scotman, Bob_Cratchitt, Irate Ian, Stevie GGG and Kenny and next season Scrounger and Daisy are also joining us! I love them all!

And it was obviously topped off by my presence there for the 2nd half too yesterday!!!! ;)

yes u brought a certain something as always m8...

ofcourse divvy saaarrfminsta didnt realise dashman and co were in the row directly in front....:unsure: (for which i apologise incidently)

We have a a few in the South Upper!!

I have the bloke behind me who is persist in talking absolute crap to his misses throughout the game. He hasn't got a clue what he is on about. Who then when a decision of a bad tackle from an opposing player shouts repeatedly "OFF OFF OFF" in my ear!!

Then the couple of people in front of me who bring a month's supply of food and then leave a massive amount of mess under there seats every game. But the best thing is LEAVE EARLY!! Normally as soon as the 4th official holds up the added time board. But yesterday as soon as Walker scored. Why bother coming if your going to leave so early!!

We have a a few in the South Upper!!

I have the bloke behind me who is persist in talking absolute crap to his misses throughout the game. He hasn't got a clue what he is on about. Who then when a decision of a bad tackle from an opposing player shouts repeatedly "OFF OFF OFF" in my ear!!

Then the couple of people in front of me who bring a month's supply of food and then leave a massive amount of mess under there seats every game. But the best thing is LEAVE EARLY!! Normally as soon as the 4th official holds up the added time board. But yesterday as soon as Walker scored. Why bother coming if your going to leave so early!!
Is he the one that every game talks utter rubbish? He always talks to his mate about what happened the other week, who scored or whatever and always seems to get it wrong.

I'm guessing they're different people though as this guy talks to his male mate I think.

I sit with the likes of The Flying Scotman, Bob_Cratchitt, Irate Ian, Stevie GGG and Kenny and next season Scrounger and Daisy are also joining us! I love them all!

C*mbridge?

****ing long ball *****.

Like you Robbo, I shall be pleased to relinquish my seat in south lower to move over to the west next season. Like I said in another thread, I spent the majority of Saturday's match being constantly kneed in the back by this little oik of about 13 who thought it was hilarious to punch the living daylights out of his three mates, while shouting at the boy he was assaulting - the momentum of his punching jerked his knee into my back with each punch. After telling him he ought to be watching the game rather than continuing with this behaviour, he did quieten down, but then managed to elbow me in the head! These boys have sat here throughout the season with no adult company - it's been wonderful those matches where they haven't come!

Saturday we also had a football team sitting in the front row, one of whom thought it was hilarious to take a half eaten sweet out of his mouth and throw it behind him. When he realised that it had hit one of my son's mates, and that these boys were considerably bigger than him he became very embarrassed and then was on best behaviour the rest of the game!

I have no problem with the families sitting with us, who we chat to week in, week out but I have always hated the misbehaviour of unaccompanied boys, which is not only unnecessary but extremely anti-social. It's this that I won't miss.

Crap ref, or something similar.

Recall The Generals 1st amusing road trip after passing his test, Boston I think. That was one memorable game, for the wrong reasons where beach football was first introduced to the football league.

Sending us love messages across public forum - must be trying to keep on our better side for next poker fixture.

Is he the one that every game talks utter rubbish? He always talks to his mate about what happened the other week, who scored or whatever and always seems to get it wrong.

I'm guessing they're different people though as this guy talks to his male mate I think.

No he sits between two women, one I assume is his wife and the other goes with her Dad. But he spends the whole game talking utter ****e.

be funny if hes moving to the east and has the seat next to you [because some kid stands on his seat] in the south,that would really do your head in.

Like you Robbo, I shall be pleased to relinquish my seat in south lower to move over to the west next season. Like I said in another thread, I spent the majority of Saturday's match being constantly kneed in the back by this little oik of about 13 who thought it was hilarious to punch the living daylights out of his three mates, while shouting at the boy he was assaulting - the momentum of his punching jerked his knee into my back with each punch. After telling him he ought to be watching the game rather than continuing with this behaviour, he did quieten down, but then managed to elbow me in the head! These boys have sat here throughout the season with no adult company - it's been wonderful those matches where they haven't come!

Saturday we also had a football team sitting in the front row, one of whom thought it was hilarious to take a half eaten sweet out of his mouth and throw it behind him. When he realised that it had hit one of my son's mates, and that these boys were considerably bigger than him he became very embarrassed and then was on best behaviour the rest of the game!

I have no problem with the families sitting with us, who we chat to week in, week out but I have always hated the misbehaviour of unaccompanied boys, which is not only unnecessary but extremely anti-social. It's this that I won't miss.

I take full responsibility for my children (proud Dad and these weren't mine - K block); I wonder if their adult/parent/guardian could be held responsible. These things should be nipped in the bud as they just manifest into greater problems later on, ASBO's etc. I feel for you and hope your new seat is better for you.

Dash

Back