• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Goodbye...

great ground will be missed,hope the new one is acceptabble to everyone
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Presumably they'll be building houses or shops as the current ground's capacity is far greater than they'll need where they'll be after the end of next season.
laugh.gif

Looking at those photos, I was amazed how quickly they managed to make improvements to the aesthetics and safety of the ground!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 27 2004,08:29)]welcome to the 21st Century Borient.  Now all we need is Swansea, Shrewsbury etc. to follow suit.........
Swansea are in the process of building a new ground at the moment. You can see progress on the BBC Wales website. Thsink it's gonna be 20,000 plus. Expect the Swansea Shrimpers can confirm this.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ May 27 2004,09:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ May 27 2004,08:29)]welcome to the 21st Century Borient.  Now all we need is Swansea, Shrewsbury etc. to follow suit.........
Swansea are in the process of building a new ground at the moment. You can see progress on the BBC Wales website. Thsink it's gonna be 20,000 plus. Expect the Swansea Shrimpers can confirm this.
Yes, this is true.  The White Rock stadium is being built just outside the city centre, will be around 20,000 capacity, and, when completed for the 2005-2006 season should be the most modern ground in the conference  
tounge.gif

Mind you, I go past it most days, and it's looking pretty impressive.

So whats the story with away fans next season? Will the work be done by then? Lets hope so i hated that away terrace , this season was like a morgue!!! A nice away stand like the one at cambridge would be nice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 27 2004,12:28)]So whats the story with away fans next season? Will the work be done by then? Lets hope so i hated that away terrace , this season was like a morgue!!! A nice away stand like the one at cambridge would be nice.
All next year, while the works take place, away fans will be allocated about 500 seats in the current main stand. So, looks like you will need to be a season ticket holder to have any chance of an Orient ticket next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 27 2004,12:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 27 2004,12:28)]So whats the story with away fans next season? Will the work be done by then? Lets hope so i hated that away terrace , this season was like a morgue!!! A nice away stand like the one at cambridge would be nice.
All next year, while the works take place, away fans will be allocated about 500 seats in the current main stand.  So, looks like you will need to be a season ticket holder to have any chance of an Orient ticket next season.
That's gonna to cause no end of problems, as 500 won't be making the trip.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 27 2004,15:04)]How are they going to stop us sitting in the home end...?!

tounge.gif
They'll listen to our voices cos we don't sound even slightly like Cockneys.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ May 27 2004,16:51)]I cant beleive people were actually paid to bulldoze Brisbane road I would pay to do that
biggrin.gif
But you would probably put the bulldozer in your own net!
tounge.gif

Next season is going to be a nightmare at Brisbane Road.

You will probably get that corner of the main enclosure by the South Stand.

Maybe I am a bit cynical, but the two sided ground may make more of us long suffering Os fans buy season tickets, so Matt The Shrimp, you will not even be able to get in to the home end.

Football today Eh?
sad.gif

Back